TC Series Yaskawa Motors on Z

Thread: TC Series Yaskawa Motors on Z

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TC Series Yaskawa Motors on Z

Does anyone know the model number of the Yaskawa motor on the Z axis of the Torq Cut machines? I am trying to find out what KW rating it is.
    Was it belted to the Z axis ballscrew at 1:1?

Are the X/Y Axis Yaskawa motors the same or different than Z?

Did any of the TC Series machines have a counter balance weight on the Z axis? I know the TC22-30 did not. This would make a difference in the size of the Yaskawa motor on Z

Thanks in advance!
    Marty

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TC Series Yaskawa Motors on Z

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Does anyone know the model number of the Yaskawa motor on the Z axis of the Torq Cut machines? I am trying to find out what KW rating it is.
    Was it belted to the Z axis ballscrew at 1:1?

Are the X/Y Axis Yaskawa motors the same or different than Z?

Did any of the TC Series machines have a counter balance weight on the Z axis? I know the TC22-30 did not. This would make a difference in the size of the Yaskawa motor on Z

Thanks in advance!
    Marty
    The Yaskawa servo motors are 1300w for X Y and Z the drives are 1500w Z axes Ballscrews 5mm pitch 1:1 Ratio no counter weight on the small machines, on the larger machines they have a 30 tooth on the motor and a 36 tooth on the Ballscrew

SGMG-13A2AB

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The Yaskawa servo motors are 1300w for X Y and Z the drives are 1500w Z axes Ballscrews 5mm pitch 1:1 Ratio no counter weight on the small machines, on the larger machines they have a 30 tooth on the motor and a 36 tooth on the Ballscrew

SGMG-13A2AB
    Thanks MACTEC
    If you have any info you can provide on the transmission thread I started, it would be appreciated.
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MACTEC
    If you have any info you can provide on the transmission thread I started, it would be appreciated.
    Marty
    If you are loosing oil you can replace the seal at the bottom, they can be run without the Transmission if you don't need it, there are parameters to change a little wiring and the special motor pulley to change, I have not done any of this work for a long time my business friend still has parts I don't think there are any new gearboxes left I think the last one was sold a few months ago there will possibly be some gear box parts though

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are loosing oil you can replace the seal at the bottom, they can be run without the Transmission if you don't need it, there are parameters to change a little wiring and the special motor pulley to change, I have not done any of this work for a long time my business friend still has parts I don't think there are any new gearboxes left I think the last one was sold a few months ago there will possibly be some gear box parts though
    Gear box has to come off for the seal. I just got the oil today. I'm going to fill the box and see what happens. Run a warm up cycle and then start shifting gears and see if it can shift ok.
    If not, I may just remove the gear box. If your friend has the pulley and belt number that would be helpful.
    There is an off chance I know where a gear box is...

I will be upgrading the control in the next couple of months. Going from DC Brush Servos to AC servos and Centroid Control. Doing all the prep work now....

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Gear box has to come off for the seal. I just got the oil today. I'm going to fill the box and see what happens. Run a warm up cycle and then start shifting gears and see if it can shift ok.
    If not, I may just remove the gear box. If your friend has the pulley and belt number that would be helpful.
    There is an off chance I know where a gear box is...

I will be upgrading the control in the next couple of months. Going from DC Brush Servos to AC servos and Centroid Control. Doing all the prep work now....

Marty
    I will check to see if he has the pulleys or part numbers

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I will check to see if he has the pulleys or part numbers
    Hi Mactec,
    Seems as though with the gearbox filled up, its not missing anymore shifts. I have to test it some more...after over a week the oil level is still in the same place on the sight glass. Don't see any oil under the gear box in the drive belt well. Wondering if the previous owners ever checked it.
    I'd still be interested what it would take to remove the transmission, if I so choose and direct drive the spindle. The spindle motor seems to indicate its an 8000rpm motor. I am wondering if the motor pulley is 1:1 with the spindle or slightly smaller.

Thanks
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Marty, Did you ever buy the AC servos for this machine? If so, what was the specs on the ones you got? Also what is the mounting configuration?

thanks,

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

I did not. I had purchased new AC Servos for the machine and then found a newer Atrump Maximill E216 with a Centroid control.
    I sold the TC22 to a new owner who completely disassembled it, refurbished it and has it moving again with its original control. He will do the upgrade to new AC servos and a new Centroid control.

Marty