Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 'Air Pressure Low' - Interact 308 TNC2500B

Maybe this Tech Manual will help. It's for TNC2500B control

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you kindly. I have all the available Heidenhain manuals for this control I believe, the technical manual being well thumbed at the moment :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Having observed changing states in the tables, I've got useful output from trace-buffer. Only the first part of a manual tool change is shown here, but it completes as expected.

Input 128 Air pressure switch
    Input 7 Unclamp microswitch
    Input 8 Clamp microswitch
    Input 9 Tool change button
    Output 5 Relay 9 - air solenoid
    Timer 26 - on for as long as tool change button pressed
    Timer 74 - on for 1725ms or 1.75s
    Marker 2942 - 'Air Pressure Low' warning - stays on until cancelled with CE

I used I9 as a trigger. I'm not sure of the significance of the timers.

From the attached image of the display, you can see that the air pressure low warning comes on immediately with pressing the tool change button and that the air pressure switch remains logic high, or on, all the time. You can see the microswitches switching, with 8*23=184ms being the ram operating time.

Although the tail-end of the tool change sequence is not shown, it performs as expected.

So, apart from the low air pressure message, toolchange appears to work correctly.

I've just about run out of ideas as to what might be causing the air pressure warning...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 'Air Pressure Low' - Interact 308 TNC2500B-trace-buffer-1-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Bridgeport have a habit of 'grouping up' error messages. Check the level of your lube oil reservoir, I have a feeling that it's level switch is in series with the air pressure switch

Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Downloads
    Uploads

I've just checked today. The reservoir has sufficient oil and the switch is closed. In the past it has reported low oil correctly.

However, I connected a switch on flying leads in place of the level switch so I could interact with it whilst observing the CRT display. Setting the switch to 'oil level low' or 'sufficient oil' makes no difference to the issue with the low air pressure warning. Furthermore, running PLC Program Trace, I see input 6 change state when operating my temporary switch, marker 3286 changes state also. Interestingly, when the switch is set to 'low oil level', it takes approximately 135seconds for the low oil message to show, yet I don't see a timer running for that delay.

Downloads
    Uploads

What does the manual say for min pressure? On my Haas it’s 100 lbs when we installed a air dryer we had to up the pressure for when it discharges lowering the air pressure.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's not specified, currently the switch operates at about 40psi and the pressure is set to 80psi. However, the control only sees an open or closed switch. As I've described, I've bypassed the switch for testing purposes, so the error message is not caused by low air pressure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12