Ez Trak Z axis fault

Thread: Ez Trak Z axis fault

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ez Trak Z axis fault

I have a fault that I have not seen before. If first happened during a milling program. The z axis began running away downward. It ruined the part and faulted. I rebooted again and the z axis slammed home and the other two axis were normal for the homing. commanding the z axis would then cause a runaway for a couple of inches and then a dac overflow fault. I shut it off and left it off for a while. I booted normally but soon faulted again with a dac overflow. It always boots normally after I leave it unpowered for a while but soon faults. For that reason, I don't think this to be a sensor problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. When it faults, the z axis moves at a high rate of speed. The mill is a 1998 with the enclosed computer and 2 cannon plugs on the z drive motor.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ez Trak Z axis fault

Quote Originally Posted by reabdet21 View Post
    I have a fault that I have not seen before. If first happened during a milling program. The z axis began running away downward. It ruined the part and faulted. I rebooted again and the z axis slammed home and the other two axis were normal for the homing. commanding the z axis would then cause a runaway for a couple of inches and then a dac overflow fault. I shut it off and left it off for a while. I booted normally but soon faulted again with a dac overflow. It always boots normally after I leave it unpowered for a while but soon faults. For that reason, I don't think this to be a sensor problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. When it faults, the z axis moves at a high rate of speed. The mill is a 1998 with the enclosed computer and 2 cannon plugs on the z drive motor.
    Encoder or Cable is damaged check the cable end to end and use a meter and check each wire, if the cable is ok and it's connection then the motor will need a repair or replacment

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the brushes on the motor if not as Mactec said new motor required

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I replaced the z axis servo and everything works great. The brushes looked good so the fault was probably within the encoder. Thanks Mactec54 and Mbservice.