Need Help! Problem sending files .pgm to ez trak-2axis mill

Thread: Problem sending files .pgm to ez trak-2axis mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem sending files .pgm to ez trak-2axis mill

Hi there, a few weeks ago I purchased a Bridgeport 1998 ez trak 2 axis cnc machine also I installed an adapter to send files .pmg with a pendrive. The first time that I made a program it was very easy I mean the program just had movements vertical and horizontal (it was a square). Later when I want to machining a piece more complicated I made everything exactly to send the program like before but the machine didn't recognized the program exactly how it was made in g codes and it didn't work. In that second program I just added circular movements and when I saw the graphic path in the machine looks like circular scribbles. The problem is that I can't send programs with circular movements !I don't know why!.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem sending files .pgm to ez trak-2axis mill

This is just from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong. 1st the pendrive has to be formatted as if it is a MSDOS 1.44 floppy or series of floppies. Next, the .pgm file extension is not used for g code files. They use the .txt file extension. Also, I think the EZ Trak can not use the full range of G code commands.

Downloads
    Uploads

Alright. 1st I forgot to comment that I have installed in my computer the software for floppy to USB converter then that's not the problem. 2nd that machine just run with .pgm extension. Now I just want to know how to run the machine machining a circle because I made the program (with circle movements) and the machine doesn't work. Maybe the machine need to use another command or something more?

Thanks for your help buddy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You don't say how you are creating the program. Try using MDI from the keyboard menu to create a simple inside machining circle and see if that works. If you are creating a program from a Word processing program like Wordpad it could be putting unseen characters at the end of the coding lines. Here is a link to a post where I discuss this.

Here is what a simple 1 inch circle program looks like created with MDI and below it the gcode it generates. Note that this character ¦ is the pipe character, not a colon or other.

0000 EZTRAK 1 MODE¦INCH ¦THU JAN 10 23:16:23 2019
    0010 RAPID ABS X0. Y0. Z.5
    0020 CIRCLE INCH X0. Y0. Z0 Z.5 Z0. R.5 P0. P0 D.25 F10. F10.
    0030 RAPID ABS X0. Y0. Z.5

Gcode of above

'START¦ PROGRAM.PGM'
    N0 G70 G75 G90
    N10 G90 G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.5000
    N20D1T0.2500G90G176X0.0000Y0.0000Z0.0000Z0.50000Z0 .5000R0.5000P0.0000P0.0000F10.0F10.0
    N30 G90 G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.5000
    N0 M2