screen replacing

Thread: screen replacing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default screen replacing

hi all
    I have now gone and got a 145 and a 155 controler on two machines the 145 has a screen problem it does not work at all i was hoping to change it to a computer monitor or a led screen but i need to know what the wires or a wiring dwg has any one changed a screen this way
    thanks

WORK ALL DAY PLAY ALL WEEKEND

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: screen replacing

How old is it? I recently had to change the screen out of a mid-90s SCM 220, and foudn tha tit was just a simple VGA plug. That said, if it's pre-'88ish, it'll most likely be some weird composite wiring instead.

Come to think of it, there's a chance it might be an old DE-9 CGA/EGA connection, in which case I wish you good fortune in finding a replacement one, because they are not what I'd call common these days.

Last edited by GerryG; 12-18-2018 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Remembered that DE9 was a thing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: screen replacing

it is inverted mga

if you hook up the wires from an old monochrome pc monitor is will come up with a bright screen with dark letters and a visible retrace.

somewhere someone has an LCD replacement for like a grand

try replacing every cap in the monitor