Problem Interact 1 MKII TNC 2500

Thread: Interact 1 MKII TNC 2500

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Interact 1 MKII TNC 2500

I have had one of these for several years for my home shop use. I had not run it in several months, maybe close to a year. I get a Gross Positioning Error Y C. I checked the motor cables, brushes, took the encoder apart and checked connections. Tried changing the voltage at parameter 1140. I decided to home Z and X and let Y warm up. In a few minutes I smell smoke and kill everything. A resistor is burned up and maybe the transformer on MT1-1 board. Probably repairable, but second time, different resistor. Another periodic problem is the KTK drive errors out if you try to run a high RPM, I have to step it up in the program. I am so sick of this stuff. Should I rip all the electrics off? I like the Heidenhain control and have a good programming system. The machine is extremely low hours and mechanically excellent.
    What to do????