Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 -- "New to me" issues

Thread: Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 -- "New to me" issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 -- "New to me" issues

I recently obtained a TorqCut22 and am having problems getting anything going. When I try to home the axis, i get a "probe fault (unexpected touch)" error message. I'm assuming this is referring to the renishaw type probe that can be installed, but that has never been added to this machine. We have a standard bit in the spindle. I can turn the probe "off" and go to the general menu options. But then when I try to manually start the spindle, I get an error message saying probe hasn't been homed. Any thoughts on why I am getting this "Probe fault" error message?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 -- "New to me" issues

I'm just shooting in the dark here. But it sounds to me like some of the probe wires might be shorted out causing the machine to think the probe is installed in the spindle. You might try and inspect the wires in and around the probe plug on the front of the spindle as well as the wires going back to the cabinet.

Paul