Brideport Boss 4: Time to retrofit whats my best option?

Thread: Brideport Boss 4: Time to retrofit whats my best option?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Brideport Boss 4: Time to retrofit whats my best option?

Hello,

I Have a vintage textron Bridgeport Series 1 Boss4. Purchased from a school shop, it sat for a few years in storage, and a few years ago I got it running with a hillbilly BOB and an old junk Xp Windows machine. Worked fine for about a year till the Y axis driver burnt out. I replaced that driver with a Gecko and a cheap power supply and that was fine for a while. Anyway the PC sat for a while and the bios battery died, when i powered it back up a strange things started happening. The Y axis cuts too big, and also has trouble holding position. I've asked around, but no good leads on where to even look to try and fix this problem.

Instead of trying to replace suspect components one by one... is there a recommended system to replace the whole thing. Upgrade to servos....

I CENTROID CNC controls,CNC Controller, CNC Retrofits,CNC Milling Machines,CNC Lathes,CNC Routers,5 Axis CNC Cylinder Head Porting Machines,CNC Rotary Tables,Fanuc Retrofits,Digitizing Probes,Conversational Programming has a nice looking kit for around $6K USD. Are there any other options?

6K is getting really close to the smaller Tormach, or could potentially buy a older big machine...

-TT