B'bort Series 1 cnc mill motor relay

Thread: B'bort Series 1 cnc mill motor relay

Downloads
    Uploads

Default B'bort Series 1 cnc mill motor relay

Anyone have a B'port Series 1 cnc mill motor relay ( relay 1M) they want to sell, or know of where I can get another one? Mine has started to act up and needs to be replaced.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B'bort Series 1 cnc mill motor relay

I have a 1M motor reversing contactor that I removed from my Boss 5 if you are interested. I recommend you remove yours and take it apart (easy to do) and clean up the contacts. Take an pencil eraser and clean up all metal contacts and blow out any dust inside the contactor. You may need to take some fine grit sand paper and lightly sand the motor contacts if they have sings if arcing. Maybe take a pair of needle nose pliers and gently squeeze the wire terminal ends to close the gap in them. This will make them a little more difficult to get back on the contactor, but they do tend to loosen up over time since this is now 30-40 years old. Take lots of pictures and identify each wire before you take it apart. You can bench test it by applying 120VAC to the coils to make sure it operates smoothly in both the forward and reverse cases. If you don't feel like taking it apart, you can send it to me and I can take a look at it for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: B'bort Series 1 cnc mill motor relay

I'm definitely interested. Not sure exactly what has blown out in the contactor ( 2 different problems that both came after a loud BANG and light flash! ) So far, I've managed to work around the issues ( been too busy to pull it out to see what is wrong), but sooner or later the time will come that I can't. I'd like to just wire in a VFD, but the system is being controlled by and old Mach Motion OS on an old DOS computer, so I have no idea what the problems would be in getting the VFD to signal back to the computer that the spindle is running, etc. I plan on eventually switching the machine over to the Mach 3 system that I have sitting here.

Send me a PM with the price and info I need to pay you for the contactor.

Last edited by enzo11; 10-25-2018 at 09:53 PM.