Operating help for Bridgeport 2216 with Fanuc 21i-M

Thread: Operating help for Bridgeport 2216 with Fanuc 21i-M

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Operating help for Bridgeport 2216 with Fanuc 21i-M

Trying to get going on this mill and have only done a little with a simpler mill (Tormach). I was run through start up before but have incomplete notes. Was just trying to run a simple program to get started and ran into some issues before I hardly got started. Got the following errors:
    Machine not referenced
    Reference sw fault

This is probably just something I am not doing. I found a Fanuc manual but things apparently can vary from machine to machine. Where can I find a manual or notes on operation? What do I need to do about these errors?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Operating help for Bridgeport 2216 with Fanuc 21i-M

Jim, sorry I cannot help you with your problem but maybe you can help me with mine. I lost all parameters of my bridgeport and I do not have a backup, is it possible that you can send me a copy? You´ll be a great help. Mine also has fanuc 21i-M
    Thanks
    jolulank

www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Operating help for Bridgeport 2216 with Fanuc 21i-M

forgot my email just in case you can.

jolula@yahoo.com

www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim27 View Post
    Trying to get going on this mill and have only done a little with a simpler mill (Tormach). I was run through start up before but have incomplete notes. Was just trying to run a simple program to get started and ran into some issues before I hardly got started. Got the following errors:
    Machine not referenced
    Reference sw fault

This is probably just something I am not doing. I found a Fanuc manual but things apparently can vary from machine to machine. Where can I find a manual or notes on operation? What do I need to do about these errors?
    So what you have to do every time you turn on the machine is home or reference each axis.this is done by moving each axis away from the reference position with jog mode and then pressing the home button and then +x, +y, and +z. The machine will home and then you can use it