Bridgeport VMC600 Gross positioning errors please help (done searches)

Thread: Bridgeport VMC600 Gross positioning errors please help (done searches)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Bridgeport VMC600 Gross positioning errors please help (done searches)

hello chaps i have a Bridgeport VMC600 22 machine with TNC370 controller with intermittent gross position error b and d on z axis i mainly use machine to mill simple holes in connector plates so my work is always consistent in the z axis and the error tends to happen on a rapid in z after a hole is finished and it moves to the next.

so i have done my research over past year trying to tackle problem if you power cycle the machine it tends to work for a few connector plates then it throws the error although it sometimes only manages one hole so very intermittent also today upon pressing cycle stop it threw the gross poss error d from what i understand first port of call is test voltages and at the psu we get 24v on the dot the installed what looks to be aftermarket psu is only capable of 2A ?

so the next thing i did was adjust the voltage tolerance in the parameters to no avail it has already had the z drive repaired one other thing to note is that we had the standard error one day 2 weeks ago and the main drive breaker disconnected supply and we had tried to re set and it kept breaking contact we managed to get it back up and running by disconnecting the z motor moving the axis and reconnecting the motor please note the error displayed on start up was drive axis fault/error we have also turned the motor in relation to the ballscrew to see if error moved with the encoder position changing but still faulted the same not sure what to try next ?

attached is our currant parameters from the machine and also the relevant manual listing the parameters also have the photos of the error with the hex underneath the error message if that helps ?

any help would be appreciated

the pdf was to big to attach so this is a web viewable link https://product.heidenhain.de/JPBC/i...78_00_a_02.pdf

page 50 is where they list parameters