Confirmation - Bridgeport Interact Series 1 Mk 2 powered by phase converter

Thread: Confirmation - Bridgeport Interact Series 1 Mk 2 powered by phase converter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Confirmation - Bridgeport Interact Series 1 Mk 2 powered by phase converter

Can anyone confirm that they are successfully powering their BP Interact Series 1 Mk 2 with a rotary phase converter? I've seen threads where folks were trying to use a rotary phase converter but haven't seen anybody confirm that it actually worked.

Mine has the Contraves DC spindle drive.

Many thanks in advance!

Les

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Confirmation - Bridgeport Interact Series 1 Mk 2 powered by phase converter

After some more searching I think I found a couple of examples where folks are running their interact mk2 on a RPC.
    Anyway, I wired my machine up to an American Rotary AD 20 and it seems to work well. I haven't had time to play with it much and I did get a shutdown when I tried to command the spindle to 3000 rpms. I'm thinking I need to adjust the analog ramp (MP 168). it is set at 1 right now so that means it is ramping from 0 to 7+ volts in about 7 mS. I think that is too little time for that big spindle motor to ramp up but we'll see.
    Les

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Confirmation - Bridgeport Interact Series 1 Mk 2 powered by phase converter

Well, it turns out the "gross position error on B" error that is tripping off the machine is because the spindle is running too fast. If I command the speed to be 2000 rpms the actual speed is a little over 3000 rpms (confirmed with hand held tachometer). So, it looks like the TNC is outputting too high of a voltage or there is some sort of input adjustment on the contrives spindle drive that needs tweaking. Any ideas? I can't seem to find a manual or schematic for the TNC->Contraves Varidyne drive.
    Les