I have had a Series 1 R2C3 mill for a couple years now. We spent a fair amount of time cleaning it up and mechanically it is in very nice condition. It has the Heidenhain TNC145 controller. I decided a few weeks ago that it is time to get it operating.

There have been several electrical issues, the most difficult to remedy were the broken Joystick switches. All the components seem to be working now but I can't get the machine to do more than move the three axis with the joysticks and the jog wheel. I have the Heidenhain manuals but it doesn't give me information on the Bridgeport interface control part of the wiring system. I can't get the spindle to turn on at all (there is one wire by the on switch that came loose and I am not sure where it is supposed to go, although no obvious choices seem to work). I have re-installed all the parameters in the 145 and have checked for loose connections in the main cabinet (found a few). I figured out the part about how it won't do anything if the lubrication oil is low so that is resolved.
I tried inputting MDI commands per the 145 manual. It seems to take the commands in the controller but then won't make the moves.

I have been searching for an Operator's Manual and a wiring diagram and any other documentation (parts manual) for weeks now, but there just don't seem to be any out there for any reasonable price (somewhere around $200-$500 each).

My very reserved wish would be to retrofit the controller but I have enough other projects going on and I purchased an older Predator DNC system a while back that is supposed to communicate directly with the 145, thus eliminating the conversational programming aspect of the controller.

If anyone has this documentation, I will do what ever it takes to get a copy. If you want to mail it to me I will scan it and mail it back in short order and pay you for borrowing it and your time to mail it etc.. I know scanning these things takes some time so I don't want to ask anyone to do it.

Also any other advice or information on this machine will be welcomed (even comments on my ignorance).

Thank you in advance.