Bridgeport Torq-Cut TC-3 adding a 4th axis

Thread: Bridgeport Torq-Cut TC-3 adding a 4th axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Torq-Cut TC-3 adding a 4th axis

My understanding is that the DX-32 control is 4th axis capable. I know I can pulse an indexer. What I'm wondering is how I can add a true 4th (A) axis. I have a spare control so I should be able to harvest the servo drive and wiring and add it to my machine. I then would need an appropriate DC servo drive indexer of course. Has anyone added a 4th axis to their Torq-cut?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Torq-Cut TC-3 adding a 4th axis

I’d like to know this too were about to acquire one although the price is reasonable enough I figured we could retrofit worse case scenario. Did you ever find out?

Downloads
    Uploads

I never did. My understanding some came 4th axis ready with the wiring harness already in place. Mine didn't. I'm still interested.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by forhire View Post
    I never did. My understanding some came 4th axis ready with the wiring harness already in place. Mine didn't. I'm still interested.
    My 22 came wired and with a 4th axis. From what I understand the x axis drive card was damaged and they pulled the A drive card and switched it to X. I have not had time to really test this out but I did find some loose caps on the damaged card and last week replaced them. I figure I'll move the repaired drive card back to X and see if it works and is stable. If so then I'll plug the A drive into the machine and see if I can jog it around. The former owner said it did work and they sometimes used it for parts making in their shop.