Need Help! Ez Trak software versions

Thread: Ez Trak software versions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ez Trak software versions

I am fitting an EZ Trak 2 axis system to a Bridgeort in the hope that I can convert it into a 3 Axis sytem.
    It is fitted with a 3 axis BMDC so I think I am on the right trak.
    The software is version 3.19, will this operate a 3 axis machine ?, and if so how do I change it over ?.
    If not what version do I need and more importantly where would I get, I would like if possible to program
    it in G code which I understand can only be done using later software and I suspect 3.19 is too early.
    This is fitted with a solid drive.
    Next question is relates to the limit switches, I have the circuit diagram that was on the back of the box
    housing the computer and it cleary shows the home switches but not the limit switches, are these not fitted ?.
    and if not what stops the drives at the endo of the travel, are there soft limits instead.
    I have not been able to find any kind of documentation or manuals beyond a programming manual so I am
    struggling a little and any help from you wise people would be much appreciated. Dave

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ez Trak software versions

Good morning,

Your machine could be converted into a 3 axis system, it can be time consuming if it is your first time. Do you have any of the parts for the 3rd axis? The 3rd axis kit is about $9k.

Your software version is way out of date, version 6.0 is the most current software version. You can get the software on 3.5 floppy drives or pre-installed on a Disk On Module. However you wanted to get the software onto your system, it comes with instructions. Basically plug and play.

Unfortunately, the EZ Trak does not accept G code programs.

On the EZ Trak, the home switches are the limit switches. They act in the same capacity.

I dont have any of the manuals, but I can get them from the OEM, I think they are $149.

Jon
    H&W Machine Repair

Jonathan Bass
    H&W Machine Repair and Rebuilding Inc.

Downloads
    Uploads

I decided to abandon this project and go back to Mach3, all the parts are back on Ebay UK.
    I got disheartened by the lack of documentation and the fact that G code programming is somewhat
    problematic at best. I could not be sure that it would be compatable with the pitch of my ball screws
    and I wasn't able to find out any information on the line count of the encoders so getting a Z axis servo
    would have been a hit or miss affair assuming there are not adjustable parameters on these systems.
    Thanks for help, Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Electro-Mechanical Integrators,