BP Series 1 to Mach3 upgrade complete (almost) - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: BP Series 1 to Mach3 upgrade complete (almost)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thinking of using this board:--

CNC4PC

It provides relays for spindle & analog output for controlling the speed via an inverter.

Or this one has solid state relays:--

http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/prod...roducts_id=181

Any comments?

Don

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don

Most any breakout board will work fine. I am not sure how much trouble it is to get something shipped across the pond but I would recommend buying the BOB from Hillbilly for several reasons:

1) Hillbilly is the one who first (to my knowledge) deciphered the Bridgeport schematics to get the right wires connected to mach. Selling a BOB is the only reimbursement he gets from freely distributing the fruits of his labor.

2) Hillbilly has already written macros for mach which will make it much easier to get things like spindle control working.

3) Hillbilly gives you great instructions. What parts you can remove, what wires to connect where, etc. etc.

4) The Hillbilly BOB is a really nice board. I have purchased 3 of them from him for various projects, only 1 of which was a bridgeport conversion. He also has a spindle speed module to control a VFD and relays can be added quite easily.

Maybe you should contact him directly to discuss international shipping.

My $0.02
    Matt

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567