EZ-path 1 wiring for 240v 460v presently

Thread: EZ-path 1 wiring for 240v 460v presently

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default EZ-path 1 wiring for 240v 460v presently

Hello, I recently purchased a 1996 EZ-PATH I from a trade school in Mass. The input voltage is wired for 460v. I want to change the input voltage to 240v 3 phase. There is a transformer in the top of the control panel that has input voltages listed on the front plate and specific wire and jumper locations. There is also a smaller transformer for the computer power supply which has volteges and locations specified. I don't want to burn up this machine and need some advice before proceeding. I don't know, Do I just put the wires in the specified locations and attach the 240 power or does the spindle motor also have to be rewired or replaced. I'm currently installing a 125amp sub panel and digital 20hp 3 phase converter. If anyone has experience with this situation please lend a helping hand. I would really appreciate it.

Thank You: Stan Sawyer

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am currently doing the same thing. I have rewired the jumpers to the 230 v input on the transformers and the machine boots right up and homed out. The spindle motor however does not seem to be correct. It runs very slow. So now what, do I reach way in their and pull the electrical cover off the spindle motor and hopefully their will be a diagram.
    What did you end up doing?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Just wondering if you did get this lathe sorted out?
    Im doing the same thing right now and would like to know what you wnded up doing.
    I used the transformer under the tailstock and wired for 240v in and 460 out but not sure qhat else to do.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: EZ-path 1 wiring for 240v 460v presently

Does anyone have a schematic or pic of how to wire the transformer at tailstock. Panel on machine states 480 and all I have is 240 3 phase.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the wiring diagram for T3, the transformer under the tail stock. It looks from the machines wiring diagram that this is the only change needed to run the machine at different voltages. The cabinet and machine is all 460V and T3 brings your incoming voltage up to 460v. If you are missing T3 then your machine is wired for 460v only most likely.

H1-H6 is marked by each lug, but it can be hard to see in the small space. A mirror helps with this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EZ-path 1  wiring for 240v 460v presently-d160c123-eb28-4f1c-a41a-aabf84c15ad9-jpg