Heidenhain TNC 145 Measuring System Defective X Axis, What next

Thread: Heidenhain TNC 145 Measuring System Defective X Axis, What next

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Heidenhain TNC 145 Measuring System Defective X Axis, What next

Machine has been running great till today. Bridgeport R2C3 with Heidenhain TNC145 control. Got the Measuring System Defective X Axis. Have checked the wires, cleaned the encoder. Have read through related threads. Need it up and running ASAP. Do I send out the encoder only? Send out the encoder and the motor? What is all this about alignment of the encoder? It's an ERO115 125 D9. I have found used ERO115 encoders for sale where all the numbers match except the last two, then it's usually a different letter and number. Guess I should of had a spare on the shelf. Anyone want to suggest the proper steps next to take to get this thing running again? Thanks. Dennis

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Could be the light bulb

if it is not the wiring

Quote Originally Posted by sunchiro View Post
    Machine has been running great till today. Bridgeport R2C3 with Heidenhain TNC145 control. Got the Measuring System Defective X Axis. Have checked the wires, cleaned the encoder. Have read through related threads. Need it up and running ASAP. Do I send out the encoder only? Send out the encoder and the motor? What is all this about alignment of the encoder? It's an ERO115 125 D9. I have found used ERO115 encoders for sale where all the numbers match except the last two, then it's usually a different letter and number. Guess I should of had a spare on the shelf. Anyone want to suggest the proper steps next to take to get this thing running again? Thanks. Dennis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Gus, nice to hear from you. Is the bulb something I can replace myself? If I get a new encoder do you just put it in or does it have to be synched with the motor? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never had to do it[22 years with an R2C3] but I have had the encoders apart, no bigggie

If the machine is in good shape, consider keeping an eye out for some poor fool 'upgrading' to steppers and selling the old parts. If you can find a TNC151 it is still supported by Heidenhain[145 is not] and is a plug and play replacement.

I am willing to bet heidenhain or an SEM repair place will fix it for you if it is not what you want to mess with

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gus, I have a call in to the place I bought the machine. It's in awesome shape and the controller works great with us storing all the programs on the PC and transferring them to the machine. I'll either send the encoder out or buy another to drop in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Heidenhain TNC 145 Measuring System Defective X Axis, What next

Do you have any update and the fix for this post as I have the same message after cleaning tachometer and reassembling the encounter on servo motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have any update and the fix for this post as I have the same message after cleaning tachometer and reassembling the encounter on servo motor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    I have never had to do it[22 years with an R2C3] but I have had the encoders apart, no bigggie

If the machine is in good shape, consider keeping an eye out for some poor fool 'upgrading' to steppers and selling the old parts. If you can find a TNC151 it is still supported by Heidenhain[145 is not] and is a plug and play replacement.

I am willing to bet heidenhain or an SEM repair place will fix it for you if it is not what you want to mess with
    Is exactly the way I am going to go with mine, although my TNC145 is still working. You don't happen to have the full TNC151 parameter list for using it with an Interact 1 though do you please?

Downloads
    Uploads

i am parting out my 145 i have all 3 motors if you are interested.. the 145 head unit has already been sold it was in complete working condition when taken out of service

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Handi-andi View Post
    Is exactly the way I am going to go with mine, although my TNC145 is still working. You don't happen to have the full TNC151 parameter list for using it with an Interact 1 though do you please?
    Look in the heidenhain parameter list thread it is there

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    i am parting out my 145 i have all 3 motors if you are interested.. the 145 head unit has already been sold it was in complete working condition when taken out of service
    Hello, the motor with encoder for Y axis Bridgeport series 1 with tnc 145, Motor SEM MT30 R4-58. Price please, because i broke the encoder. Thank you