BTC clubhouse!#*$! - Page 4

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: BTC clubhouse!#*$!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

keebler303

Do you have the tool changer functioning under Mach3 ?
    I have been looking at this retro for my BTC-1 and would
    like to know your trials and errors!

Thanks, Stephen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin, I e-mailed the Cal. guy about the btc but no responce as of yet. I guess he has sold it.I think I was just a little late Do you or anyone else in the BTC clubhouse bunch know of another one out there maybe close to Okla.?One that a green horn could puck up and make a few parts on and get his feet wet on?...Thanks Kent

Last edited by mansuper; 10-18-2006 at 08:36 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi U-All (red neck for hello) just looking on ebay and pulled up Progamming manuals on the BTC-1 they have 10 and going for about 55.00each.maybe a buy for us new-bee....Kent

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

help needed.
    have boss series 1cnc & need help for collet. what universal standard collet should be used for this nice mill. it is written qc 30 on it. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool holder

ajitsing What model of Boss? For QC30 there could be several different collet's depending on the holder a part# from the holder might help try erickson's web page they might have been bought out by Kenametal MSC catalog or Mcmastercar may shed some light on it Look on ebay in machinetools tool and workholding then surch collet's Good luck Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BTC way cover material

Has anyone got a sugestion on where to get and what kind of rubber the mud flap's on a BTC are I was looking in MSC at buna rubber and it look's like the ticket but would take anybody's idea's have gotten back on the encloser project and hope to have more pic's by tomarrow night P.S. I was looking for 7/8' setscrew holder's and it look's like there wern't any made acording to my tooling manual But Im still looking for TG100's !!!! Thank's Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

More Pic's of encloser still have to finish the front I found the rubber to replace the way cover's at MSC. I'm looking for help with com on a boss3 anybody know about a blackbox. got one with the machine it's wired up to the control but I need help with a cable and maybe some softwaire . Enough about that here's the Pic's

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010563-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010566-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010567-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010568-jpg  

BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010569-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Kevin looks GREAT, when is mine on the way

Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin this is sweet as soon as I get this P&W running I'll put this on my list.I would have already get it going but they loaded me up with work and all has to be out the first.....Mansuper

Downloads
    Uploads

I have got ATC's working in Mach3. I have a BP 2 at home.
    I have interfaced to several different types of ATC's with Machx and ADC PLC's. (Yes, I do retrofits to make extra money.....just like most of you).
    1). Standard Carracell type, (with tool ear indexing if needed and swing arm).
    2). Chain drive type
    3). Read-ahead swap arm type, (custom job here)
    I drive the ATC functions including the servo's through the PLC (with motion modules), BTW, this allows you to control More than 6 axis through machx, obviously, the axis controlled via PLC would NOT be machine cutting axis. Stuff like ATC's, swarf convayors, pallet changers....ect. You can even run your VFD through the PLC through Mach as well. The advantage here is you can run Volt, current through an analog module with PID if you want it.

I control the PLC, completely through the Mod-bus and VB scrips in Mach.
    I/O requirements really don't matter you just add more I/O modules or upgrade to a larger PLC. The great thing about a PLC, (in my opion), is it is Intellegent I/O. You can have the PLC do ALL or almost all of the ATC or what ever work for you. Mach just tells it what to do and when, and the PLC just tells mach it is done with what ever. You can have it report Error messages to Mach as well. I even use my PLC's for pendant control I/O and set up the Macropump to poll for stuff.

BTW: Would anybody like a complete 200v, 40a 3 axis Rutex, with supply, mother board, and 3, 1300w (42in/lbs), DC brushed servos (allen bradley)? I am selling mine, since I am gonna go with ADC Medium inertia AC servos.

I add an ATC page to Mach with screen designer for setting up your ATC. I put software and hardware ATC indexing buttons for loading. As well as a ATC tool length touch off screen to load upto 256 tools in your library.

Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

DennisCNC look at this Ebay#170084483241 four holder's have been under the weather and got behind on paperwork will try to find contact info on the two machines and tooling up hear Thank's Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

^^ Kevin I was watching them and then when to install a kitchen and forgot about them

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BTC/Vertical Lathe

While waiting for help with a programing manual for the "out of style Analim Crusader II Lathe I bought I decided to make a chuck adapter for a 4" three jaw to one of my TG75 holder's I have a part I make for one of my customer
    that I'm trying to produce with a minuim of hand's on time. I have done everthing up to this point in the mill except facing the one end and face and turn the first .800" in the Lathe manualy I Drill the large hole chanfer and thread in the mill Then I turn end for end and Drill and tap the other end and hog off the excess material on the od then comes the lathe part see pic's I hope Note ICRD in the third pic" Inprovised coolant regulating device " The finished part is on the right Took some playing with tool's and speed and feed to be satsafied with the part the only critical OD is the very bottom last .750" I hope to make the next batch on the Lathe but I will still do the internal thread in the mill It's slow but it is a weard metric thread and I have a proven program for the inside of the part P.S. any one with any pointer's on the lathe Emale at ktaylor253@earthlink.net Also need to finish the encloser lathe throws the birdnest all over!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010728-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010729-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010730-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010731-jpg  

BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010732-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010735-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010736-jpg   BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010737-jpg  

BTC clubhouse!#*$!-p1010739-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Retro of my BTC

Have finally gotten back to the retro of the BTC I bought a few months back, and wanted to get a sanity check on something:

Are the original servos (Powertron from Contraves) 100VDC??? This seems outlandishly large... I am going to build a supply for this, but at 100VDC and 15 amps apiece I wanted to be sure before committing to that size components.

Any info is appreciated!

J

Downloads
    Uploads

That is about right, I am still using my original power supply, and it is at lest 80 volts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just received BTC 1

Hello to the Btc Club,
    I'm in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area. My btc was completely operational when demonstrated before I purchased it. I'll complete a rotary phase converter this week, then find out how well it survived the 10 mile trip to my shop. Any pointers on what to check before initial power up, or what sequence to follow when powering up?? Although I received 26 tool holders with it, there are no collets in the collet holders, does anyone know what type they are?? I will have a lot more questions shortly. Any other thoughts on getting the most from this machine??

Chip

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BTC powerup

The most inportante thing is Voltage If you have a service manual it has the places to check double check everthing if not I can foward a page to you The tool holder's small ones with extened length take DA300 the stanard large ones are TG75 There are suposed to be some TG100's out there I haven't put my hand's on any yet the tap hiolders I will have to check the # of there are large and small make shure the iner part of them moves in and out freeely or you will break tap's I have a tooling manual with part#'s post some pic's of holder's and I can identify I should have some extra collet's for the TG's and maybe some tap collet's will sell swap or whatever you must have air hooked up and fill the air oiler with marvelmistry oil and turn up the oil for a while to lube the selonid's there pron to sticking you can use a pick and manualy accuate the valves to free them up also fill the glas bowel on the tool changer cylinder if it is empty the changer becomes a treblejay fil the way lube res. or it won't move or come out of setup keep us posted Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i Just had mine delivered yesterday, MY GOD THIS THING IS HUGE. at least it is in a 2 car garage.i'll try to get some pics up by tommarrow. it needs a little TLC and i still ned to get a converter. any sugguestions?? the tag on the mach says 320 3 phase on it.

the machine came with all of the manuals, i was thinking of scanning them and makeing a .pdf so everybody can have them

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BTC

Are you shure 320 how about 230V 3phase hope it's a typo Need a tall garage for them good luck Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info Kevin. I have the installation manual with the page you refered to in your message. I don't have a tooling manual, but none of the holders appear to be tap holders. I could use a tooling manual and the first two sections of the maintenance manual, any sources?

Have a great day,
    Chip

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast