BTC clubhouse!#*$! - Page 3

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: BTC clubhouse!#*$!

Downloads
    Uploads

i can't believe i found this! i hope you welcome me into this btc group... i don't know how much help i'll be right away... i'm new to cnc and the machines... but i'm a pretty good jack of all trades.

i just purchased a pristine btc1... and i mean pristine, except i don't know if the electronics work yet. i just tried firing it up today for the first time.... hooked up the air, and 3phase rotary power. the consoles light up... but i get a "err" light and a buzzing sound that seems to be coming from the spindle drive area. none of the axis move when i try and jog it around (assuming because of this "err" situation.

any tips... please?

are there still any bridgeport scanners around to plug into the test port? i don't have any manuals as of yet... just trying to get a little direction before i proceed spending money that i should or shouldn't on this machine.

thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BTC clubhouse welcome

What part of the country are you in? sometimes there are manuals on ebay before you power up you should make shure the power is configured corectly for your sourse heater strips in the spindle drive cabnent and the jumper's on the transformer's if it isent allready configured 220V. then when you first power it us the display will light up and should show all888 on the left display and all000 on the right hand one no err light on , clear reset and you should be able to in setup jog the table if it's not on the limmet switches I will look through my ebay find's and try to foward info on who has book's PM me if you need help getting started Machinetec is verry helpfull on tec question's and has a lot of service bulition's Good Luck Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

kevin, i just replied to your pm's. i bought those ebay manuals right after i read it!

i'm from port washington, wi. just north of milwaukee 30 minutes. i guess i'll wait for the manuals to see if i can shed some light on things. what area you from? is there anyone from the milwaukee area with a btc1?

Downloads
    Uploads

Williamsmotower
    Will try to find time to Emale buliton's to you tomarrow Thank's to JonP I got mine back on line tonight Finished from where I got stuck monday without a hitch now I can get back to work and maybe get some more done on my encloser

Downloads
    Uploads

i finally got my machine to light up a little bit more with checking all the connections... found a few loose.

my "err" light is now off... but in the led lights "70006" shows up.

i don't have a maintenance manual can someone look this number up and see what this means?

thanks in advance! jesse

Downloads
    Uploads

Jesse PM me a address and I will mail you wiring bulition's for power switch. start with reseating the board's and clean the contact's with a pencile erasser be extreamly carefull there werry delicut and take note of the wiring plug's and there arangment Did you get your book's Keep watching there out there god luck. Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

just reserecting this thread... any more btc 1 owners out there?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yep I've got one. Running under mach3.

Matt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

saw this post for a btc1 for sale on the manufacturing forum maybe
    one of you guys could use another btc located in CA. price reduced to $750.00
    http://www.cnczone.com/ub...ic/4/4314.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    yep I've got one. Running under mach3.

Matt

keebler did you take pics along the way with your conversion?

or do you have any pics info you would like to share with your conversion?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a BTC 2, didn't start the retro yet. In two months or so I should be getting close to having all the parts.

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'm Still out hear

Have been without emale for two week's and just got on last night lost contact's and arcived emales so If any one hasent deleted the ones you sent me with contact info please re send Will post new pictures of encloser soon progress is been slow with winter coming have to clean up out side and get ready for the cold . Any one with extra holder's or need's please post always looking . Thank's Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

I HAVE A BTC 1 SER#113
    STILL RUNS GOOD SINCE 1983!!
    I'M HAVING SOME TROUBLE WITH THE X AXIS
    IT'S OVER SHOOTING AND KEEPS MOVING A LITTLE
    OVER SPEC
    IF YOU HAVE ANY INSIGHT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS MOTOR WAS REBUILT ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO
    BRUSHES SEEM OK AND HAVE SWITCHED DRIVE BOARDS

ALSO MAY HAVE SOME TOOLING FOR SALE LET ME KNOW WHAT
    YOU NEED
    TRANSATOOL@AOL.COM

Downloads
    Uploads

Transtool Check the decell part of the overlimit switches If it happens at ner the limit of travel or check with jonp about board repair I had a similar problem on mine it would go to setup or overlimit at the end of a rapid move
    in diaganol move I think it was the RRS board? large TG 100 holder's , Shell mill holder's and boring head's Thank's Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads

keebler 303, did you keep the tool changer working and what did you do on the servo drives.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default the new guy to BTC?

Hi You all. I am very new to cnc infact I am trying to get my first mill. About 15 years ago I did some time on a small Supermax with Bandit control.I am looking at a Bridgeport 1 BTC. One of the problems I have with this millis is no CTR, with the Bandit control I had a screen and could look at the tool path.Also I have been told that the tool changer are a pain in the rear.I have a small pattern shop and do some machine work.The machine work is alum and SS all small parts.I'm not even sure what to pay for mill.Any input would be very welcome.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Btc

Mansuper Most of the tool changer problem's are concureuble if you have any mechinacal skill's even if it's trouble it beat's no tool changer You can still load tool's by hand there is one in so cal for sale on the classified's in cnc zone for 750.00 has been in storage for year's so it should have a lot of life left in it with tooling and book's you cant buy a junk bpt clone for more than that check it out search the post's in this fourm and you can see what you are in for Good luck Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Kevin I'll check that one out on the zone and I'm sure i'll post to you experts when I get the mill.I have a close friend who works at a local machine shop here and he keeps there cnc running and well help me.the one mill I have located close he wants 6250.00 but I hope to get him down on that price.I would feel better at 4500 if everythang works and he said they do i'll know the 20th.....Thanks again Kent

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BTC hunt

Mansuper
    What part of the country are you in I know of several machines that could be avaliable also looking for certan tooling Keep me informed Thank's Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin
    I live in Okla north east corner up by Joplin Mo. I could pick up a mill within say 600 miles myself.I have a house in Texas and go there at least once every four weeks its about 10 miles east of Galveston.I e-mailed the man who has the mill listed on the cnc zone to see if its still for sale. I know shipping would be around 1500 form Ca. thanks...Kent

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast