Need Help! Bridgeport EZ Trak CMOS error, replaced RTC, still broken! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridgeport EZ Trak CMOS error, replaced RTC, still broken!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport EZ Trak CMOS error, replaced RTC, still broken!

Quote Originally Posted by md63825 View Post
    Chipslc, I got my machine back online today. Followed some of the information found on your original post and had a local computer company replace the RTC. Unfortunately, they did a poor soldering job and I believe as a result, rendered the MB unusable. So, I ordered a new one from Advantech ($250) and it works great. Here's the link for it: PCA-6743F-Q0A1E-ISA Half-size Single Board Computer, DM&P Vortex86DX, LVDS, LAN, 8 COM, CF PC/104 The only issue I ran into was I tried to replace the HDD with a DOM. I had a few 32MB DOMs laying around and tried to use them. Turns out they were to small and I returned to using the 8GB HDD and everything loaded fine and the old girl came back to life. I'm gonna replace the old CRT screen with a new LCD and she'll be good as new. And she literally looks almost like new. Got it from aTech school that rarely used it. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Excellent thread md63825. I replaced the SBC on my 1998 Bridgeport VMC - the old one had not died, but it had some weird glitches. Excellent result, I left all the defaults as they were - and the machine came up very nicely (the storage "disk" was all on the piggyback board, so I didn't need to even reload anything). Awesome, thanks again md. David

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport EZ Trak CMOS error, replaced RTC, still broken!

Sorry to resurrect an 8 year old thread everyone. I hadn't logged into here in a long time and felt I owed it to the forum members to post my fix on the machine. I replaced the motherboard with a remanufactured one and everything worked great. I don't know if/why the RTC and motherboard failed at the same time, but a new motherboard fixed it. The old girl is still making chips to this day. I hope someone finds this info helpful if they ever replace an RTC and their machine doesn't boot back up. Thanks again to everyone who helped with testing suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12