BOSS LS-1620

Thread: BOSS LS-1620

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BOSS LS-1620

Howdy -

I am considering purchasing a BOSS LS-1620 and would like to hear any input I can get from anyone who owns one or has had any experience with one. The price seems to be really reasonable for what you get. And the customer reviews are all excellent. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Spyone
    Vietnam Veteran

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BOSS LS-1620

Quote Originally Posted by Spyone View Post
    Howdy -

I am considering purchasing a BOSS LS-1620 and would like to hear any input I can get from anyone who owns one or has had any experience with one. The price seems to be really reasonable for what you get. And the customer reviews are all excellent. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Spyone
    Vietnam Veteran
    I tried to order the 1620 recently but they are no longer importing that machine but still have it on their web site. I placed an order for it anyway and Boss Laser upgraded me to the 1630 at the same price as the 1620. I really like the 1630 but would have been happy with the 1620 if it had showed up. I can't speak to the 1620 but the 1630 is a very solid machine and I'm very pleased with the machine so far

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DiverBob View Post
    I tried to order the 1620 recently but they are no longer importing that machine but still have it on their web site. I placed an order for it anyway and Boss Laser upgraded me to the 1630 at the same price as the 1620. I really like the 1630 but would have been happy with the 1620 if it had showed up. I can't speak to the 1620 but the 1630 is a very solid machine and I'm very pleased with the machine so far
    thanks for your reply. I don't understand the "import" comment. The machine is manufactured in Florida. I just placed and order for the LS-1620 after talking with one of the sales reps in Florida.

Spyone

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your reply. I don't understand the "import" comment. The machine is manufactured in Florida. I just placed and order for the LS-1620 after talking with one of the sales reps in Florida.

Spyone
    It is not manufactured in Florida it is warehoused there They import them and resell under their name.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    It is not manufactured in Florida it is warehoused there They import them and resell under their name.
    This is what their website says about them; Established in 2012, Boss Laser is a 100% US based company. We strive to support you with acquiring the best laser engraver or cutter machine for their unique application. Whether it's laser engraving, cutting, marking, or imaging we are here to help you advance your dreams. We design and engineer our machines inhouse while strictly maintaining quality assurance standards with our overseas suppliers. This allows us to offer a good compromise between quality and affordability.
    I understood that to mean that they manufacture them at their facility in Florida. You have already received your machine? What does it say on it about where it is manufactured? I ordered the 1620 and they did not say they were not available. Maybe they will upgrade me at no additional cost. That would be nice!

Downloads
    Uploads

Overseas suppliers as meaning the Chinese company that makes them for us and a few thousand more customers. They might or could uncrating them in the USA, and hopefully test before they are shipped out. But un-crating and re-crating adds a lot of time and expense.
    The only ones I know that does that is Rabbit Laser USA and LightObject.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what their website says about them; Established in 2012, Boss Laser is a 100% US based company. We strive to support you with acquiring the best laser engraver or cutter machine for their unique application. Whether it's laser engraving, cutting, marking, or imaging we are here to help you advance your dreams. We design and engineer our machines inhouse while strictly maintaining quality assurance standards with our overseas suppliers. This allows us to offer a good compromise between quality and affordability.
    I understood that to mean that they manufacture them at their facility in Florida. You have already received your machine? What does it say on it about where it is manufactured? I ordered the 1620 and they did not say they were not available. Maybe they will upgrade me at no additional cost. That would be nice!
    This is a Chinese laser built to their specifications. There are American made parts that are added at their warehouse along with them setting up and testing the machines prior to shipment. The machines are very sturdy and have a lot of nice features, I think they are on their 5th generation design now. I spent half of today using the machine and having a blast. The customer service is great, I've used it twice now, once they removed into my computer and got me going quickly, the other was an email discussion. Both instanceswere rapid responses to questions/issues I was having. The support was a major factor for me in deciding to go with Boss Laser, haven't been disappointed yet!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm curious about the 1620>1630 thing too -- I'm about to order a 1630, but after reading this, I might just order a 1620 and save a cool G.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DiverBob View Post
    This is a Chinese laser built to their specifications. There are American made parts that are added at their warehouse along with them setting up and testing the machines prior to shipment. The machines are very sturdy and have a lot of nice features, I think they are on their 5th generation design now. I spent half of today using the machine and having a blast. The customer service is great, I've used it twice now, once they removed into my computer and got me going quickly, the other was an email discussion. Both instanceswere rapid responses to questions/issues I was having. The support was a major factor for me in deciding to go with Boss Laser, haven't been disappointed yet!
    DiverBob - Thank you for your reply. You are second responder that likes the machine. Makes me feel much better about my purchase. Cannot wait for it to get here.

Spyone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy -

Spyone
    Vietnam Veteran
    We have a14/16 60 watt and a 24/36 Boss laser 100 watt. Both are quality machines and customer support has been top notch so far, though I think they may have recently been affected by the hurricane. If you get one you should go with the cw5000 chiller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jram View Post
    We have a14/16 60 watt and a 24/36 Boss laser 100 watt. Both are quality machines and customer support has been top notch so far, though I think they may have recently been affected by the hurricane. If you get one you should go with the cw5000 chiller.
    Thanks for the response. I ordered the LS-1620 on the 5th of this month and Yes I did get the CW5000 chiller. I live in Phoenix Az and it gets pretty warm - 115 degrees and up. The machine will be in my garage with no AC so I need the chiller. I am glad to hear that you along with other replies like these machines and their customer support. Thanks