Boss LS-2436 100W

Thread: Boss LS-2436 100W

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Boss LS-2436 100W

Hello all!

I'm about to make my first laser purchase, I have narrowed it down to the boss LS-2436 as it seems to be the most competitively priced for my needs without breaking the bank for a startup venture. I've seen a ton of positive feedback on here and other places but the dates are all over the place and would like to get some current day feedback, especially from those of you actually running a boos C02!

Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Boss LS-2436 100W

Evanslm, I work in a shop that does custom woodworking and we use the Boss 2436. The first couple of production jobs we did paid for it! We have had it for about 3 years and use it regularly. Not everyday, but when we have jobs it is often for 300 to 1500 units to engrave. It has worked flawlessly and is easy to use. We just had to replace the original 100W laser after 3 years and upgraded to a 120 watt laser and power supply. We can now engrave and cut on a lower setting, extending the life of the laser tube. We have not gone above 60% power since upgrading. The Boss factory is just a few miles from us, part of the reason we went with a Boss. They have given good support.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome to hear!

I will be using it for a wide range of things, I cant wait to get it in!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've officially purchased the LS-2436 with a projected ETA of 8/21/2017

I will keep everyone posted on my experience, maybe it will help someone out with their selection as well!

Thus far, Boss Laser has been amazing to deal with but most people are before the sale so we will see how it all plays out!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You'll be really happy with the 2436, I just received the exact model with a 100 watt tube and it's a great machine! We also got a ls1416 with a 60 watt tube and have yet to get it hooked up will soon have the two running together. One thing that may help you. The easiest way we found to get it out of the crate was to make a ramp with one of the crate sides once you have them off. We placed a few chunks of wood and 4x4 under the plywood for support and it rolled right out.One other tip that I wish I would have known right away is to reset your focal depth. It takes about 3 minutes and is done in your software, it makes a huge difference! They will send you a PDF on how to do this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jram,

Very good to hear! I can't wait for it to get here. Never worked with a laser before but I love the wide range of possibilities they have. I went back and forth between a CNC Router and a Co2 laser for months then decided to go with the Co2 due to the wide product line I will be able to create with it! After weeks of research and quoting BOSS won the bid, they were not the cheapest but they were the most inexpensive with fantastic reviews when it came to service after the sale and tech support.

Hope it all goes well and we are up and running in no time when it get's here T- 3 weeks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jram View Post
    You'll be really happy with the 2436, I just received the exact model with a 100 watt tube and it's a great machine! We also got a ls1416 with a 60 watt tube and have yet to get it hooked up will soon have the two running together. One thing that may help you. The easiest way we found to get it out of the crate was to make a ramp with one of the crate sides once you have them off. We placed a few chunks of wood and 4x4 under the plywood for support and it rolled right out.One other tip that I wish I would have known right away is to reset your focal depth. It takes about 3 minutes and is done in your software, it makes a huge difference! They will send you a PDF on how to do this.
    just got this same machine, why did you want to re-set your focal depth?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaNY View Post
    just got this same machine, why did you want to re-set your focal depth?
    Mine was off To begin with so I had to go through the process of pulsing the machine and then setting the depth to that of the smallest dot on the wood, you enter this in RD works once you find it. Mine is 12 mm with a 4 inch lens and nozzle.