BossLaser 3650 - Laser not firing

Thread: BossLaser 3650 - Laser not firing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default BossLaser 3650 - Laser not firing

Hey guys,

I have a BossLaser 3650 and I'm having a problem with my laser cutter and can't figure out what is wrong. I bought the laser new about 10 months ago and this is the first major problem. The laser cutter will turn on, and I can move all axis, but the laser will not fire. I've gone over the laser tube for cracks, but everything appears to be normal. Where should I be checking for loose wires/connections or fuses etc? Any help would be great, I really need to get the machine cutting again.

Thanks in advance
    Colter
    Additive Solutions

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BossLaser 3650 - Laser not firing

DANGER the laser has voltages and current that under the right conditions can kill you!!If you are not confident in your understanding of the risks get someone to assist you with the tests!!!

First this could be an alignment problem with laser beam missing the mirrors. Hold a piece of paper directly in front of output end of tube and push fire. Does it burn a hole?

Please search my posts where I describe a simple way to test for high voltage safely using a cotton thread and a Styrofoam packing peanut. 1. Test for change on 5 volt "fire" (Probably goes from 5 volts "off" to zero volts when firing.) line going into power supply from either test switch or control board. (note: safety switches need to be tested. Water flow, lid open etc.), 2. If "fire" signal good test for high voltage applied to tube when test button pushed. 3. If no high voltage check power into high voltage supply and if good, check all connections carefully and if they are good, then replace power supply. If high voltage is good look for arc inside tube. 4. If arc is there probably a bad tube. If arc isn't there probably still a bad tube or open "big Green" resistor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

buddydog,

I forgot to mention, it will fire when the red button on the power supply is pressed and I get a read on the meter. However, when I use lasercut5.3 or the laser fire button on the control board, I get no response. What's the best way to test the lip open switch and water flow sensor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK you don't have a tube or power supply problem. You will have to figure what switches you have and where they are. Normally these have continuity when "on" but it can be the other way also. Anyway you would be looking for a "state change". To test the lid switch and I would also bet the water flow,find the switches and measure with a volt/ohmmeter. google how to use one. Some continuity meters have a sound position that will give an audible alert when continuity is on (like touching the test leads together), otherwise you use the ohms position and look for zero or very low ohms..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, so I jumped the water chiller using the jumper included. Confirmed that the lid switch is good. When I test fire the laser tube from the control board, I'm only getting a reading of 5 ohms on the meter and some arcs on the end of the tube. (the end the laser is produced from). When I plug the chiller in like normal, I get nothing at all. So I'm guessing the water flow sensor on the chiller?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It turned out that the wire on one plug that goes from the chiller to the laser had broke off. Just resoldered the wire and everything is working.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good ending and thanks for reporting back! A lot of folks never report back and that doesn't help future people with similar problems. Cheers!!