Boss Laser: What's up with the Support?

Thread: Boss Laser: What's up with the Support?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Boss Laser: What's up with the Support?

Hi,
    I would like to hear from anyone who has purchased, or thinking of purchasing a Boss Laser. They advertise 100% customer support, but my experience has been quite different.

I am new to this laser technology but decided I wanted one and somewhat settled on Boss Laser as my first choice. Also, I have plans to be very close to their facility between Christmas and New Year's. Therefore, I sent them a message from their site asking some preliminary (newbie) questions and also asked if it would be convenient for me to stop by their facility while in Florida. What I get was NO RESPONSE.

Well, I thought, maybe their response accidentally ended up in my junk mail. So, I sent them an email at support@bosslaser.com. I explained I had not heard back from them and again asked if I could stop by between Christmas and New Year's. Again, NO RESPONSE.

Typically, this is a sign the business is in trouble and only has time to put out the most important fires, or they really don't have good customer support.

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting this company to show any interest in building a relationship?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Boss Laser: What's up with the Support?

I just purchased a 4x8' laser through them. Support has been fantastic. We had some issues with the laser after install (Which is nothing new with any Chinese laser) and they went 200% above and beyond to make sure it was fixed. We own 3 Rabbit Lasers and never received this kind of support from them. Thinking about selling our 3 Rabbits and going to Boss simply because someone is there to answer questions when we need them to. I suggest giving them a ring.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't say about email but Ive CALLED in and got alert, intelligent responses - every time.. questions I had about laser cutting thru 3/8" cast acrylic
    were helpful, laid back w/o being pushy at all to buy.
    TrustPilot has real reviews here from owners with regards to their support..

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bosslaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

IF YOU CALL RABBIT LASER ON THE PHONE YOU WILL GET TOP NOTCH SUPPORT. THEY ANSWER THE PHONE OR THEY WILL GET BACK TO YOU IF LINES ARE BUSY. Email might take a week or more as they get tons of email everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by DLDude View Post
    I just purchased a 4x8' laser through them. Support has been fantastic. We had some issues with the laser after install (Which is nothing new with any Chinese laser) and they went 200% above and beyond to make sure it was fixed. We own 3 Rabbit Lasers and never received this kind of support from them. Thinking about selling our 3 Rabbits and going to Boss simply because someone is there to answer questions when we need them to. I suggest giving them a ring.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've had a great experience with BOSS. From the sale to support.

I would recommend you give them a call. That site that mtechus provided has nothing but great reviews about support.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All the caps in the world won't get Ray out to warranty a mechanical defect. I'm glad you've had a great experience with Rabbit. Obviously you haven't needed anything covered under warranty.

Downloads
    Uploads

You sign up and join a sight just to comment that I had my cap lock on and didn't know it. LOL

It has gotten better lately. I bought my machine last summer. Sales support was good, of course, and the first couple of weeks attempting to work out the kinks was good... then suddenly support became sporadic at best. The conversation would go cold, and I'd have to resubmit my question to the general support email, only to have the conversation go cold again. I eventually found out that I was talking to abandoned emails, and the tech guys I was trying to build a reputation with were no longer with the company. One of my bigger issues was regarding an upgraded software package. I purchased EngraveLab, which wasn't communicating with the laser correctly, an issue I opened a support ticket up about back in July, and it wasn't until two weeks ago that one of their techs finally followed through with support call and remote connected to my computer to access the machine's hidden settings.

You can see how that was a bit frustrating.

I ran into another issue since and they set up a call within a few days. I'm thinking that the best way to get a hold of them is to just call.