Help with cut quality on Bodor (with 150w RECI) Laser

Thread: Help with cut quality on Bodor (with 150w RECI) Laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Help with cut quality on Bodor (with 150w RECI) Laser

Hello.

I have been in contact with support, and although it has been good on the technical side of things, I am not able to get any help improving my cut quality.

Primarily I cut acrylic, but the edge quality is poor and looks like machine "chatter:"

https://i.imgur.com/qih6gWD.jpg

There seems to be conflicting answers on how to smooth this edge out. Some people say increase the frequency of the laser, while others say it is not possible to adjust the frequency of a glass co2 tube.

The software the machine comes with is called "MetalCut" which appears to be a modified version of RDWORKS.

If anyone can help me I would be incredibly grateful. I can't send anything I cut on the machine to customers as is.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with cut quality on Bodor (with 150w RECI) Laser

You're using the Metalcut so I guess the machine type is XM/BM, which has the heaviest laser head among the CO2 series.
    This type can cut both non-metal and metal(CS&SS), on the other hand, the heavy laser head could have negative effect on the non-metal cutting effects.
    Check the edge of the belt, is it touching the pulley edge? Tighten the belt to a proper tension. Adjust the laser path including the screws on the lens drawer. Reduce the speed to 5mm/s.