Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?

I need to purchase a laser cutter in the next week and I have been combing the internet since early April. I need to cut 6mm balsa and 3mm plywood for R/C model airplane kits. I have my eye on a machine by Bodor In China. I wondered if anyone here had one that could tell me of their experience with the machine and the company?
    It has all the usual mechanicals; RECI, Hiwin, Ruida, etc. I especially like the door/top cover design.

Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?-bodor-jpg

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?

I do like the top cover, get the Ruida controller upgraded to the RDC6332 or 6333, thats the 320A and its very much so on the low end of the market, the 633x are much much better.

Where abouts in Canada are you?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mark. I have specified the Ruida RC6332 controller. I'm not sure I want the touch screen version so that's the next one down as far as I know. I also specified the RECI z2 laser. All the suppliers offer the W2 which is discontinued as far as I can tell. They all say "oh yes it's the Z2" when asked. Not sure what's going on there. Also 3 phase steppers. They say I can have Hiwin or PMI rails. I don't know one from another. It seems like the usual assortment of parts they all use. It uses 2:1 pulleys on the x and y axis which seems to me would double the resolution. The electrical components are beautifully laid out in this machine... one of the things I liked.

I'm in the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. Where are you?

Adrian
    Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?-bcl1309x-1-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree, I didnt go the touchscreen either - I'd much prefer hardware buttons for safety features than a touchscreen.

If you're going for a machine that size, why not step up to the Z4? I've got a 1200x900 just about finished in the build, they said the Z2 just wasn't worth putting in as the Z4 is only a little more expensive. The company i'm buying from say the Z4 is only 100w, most chinese sellers are advertising it as 120W nom, 135W max but that will reduce the life and void the warranty! If you're worried about them sticking W2 in there (80w) then just ask them for a photo. The supplier i'm using have asked me to send through sample files for them to cut so they can video the machine working on different files before they crate it up for delivery. 2:1 on the steppers is bog standard on a machine this size, as with the leadshine 3 phase steppers + leadshine drivers. Make sure you get the adjustable height bed it saves a lot of hassle and really lets you cut/engrave much more material. I mention this because it looks like there are only 2 drivers in that photo and there isnt much more room. Check the rail width you get, I wouldnt go anything less than 15mm on the rails. I've seen some large machines with as little as 5mm! Check your belt widths too, and see what chiller it comes with - you want the 5200 not the 5000 or 3000. For air assist you want at least the pump ending in 009, not the 008 - or higher. The 008 is 100L/min the 009 is 150L/min. Make sure there is room somewhere in there to stick a 12v supply if you want to use LED strip to light up the internals. The CCFL they put at the back of these machines is pretty dismal.

Ensure you can get door to door delivery unless you've imported via sea freight before. I havent, and the charges can be quite staggering at the port from what friends who've bought in large CNC equipment have told me. If you screw up the customs documents you can get fined or just rejected and have to do it over again, you pay per day it sits on the dock. The door to door delivery for me costs me $160 for the customs brokerage, and $200 for final delivery (20km or so from the dock, so its a bit pricy, but hey thats australia for you). If you're not near the port for your area, expect it to go on a train or truck - if it's not door to door delivery you'll have to arrange all of that and figure it out. Way more hassle than I wanted to deal with even with my short delivery.

I did a huge amount of research on building my own 1200x900 100-130W laser before deciding to go with the company I'm going with. The machine isnt quite as pretty as yours but it's being built exactly how I want it with all the upgrades and accessories I want. The factory is sending me pictures of the build every few days, the sales girl is phenomenal. They were all too happy to customise the build for me, one of the joys of the smaller chinese companies I guess. I even got a custom paint job organised.

Nice to see they have a power filter in there on the AC line. This stops it from nuking components in your house or screwing them over with EMI (I used to lose all my USB communications on any PC on the same circuit as my CNC router's VFD spindle before I put one of those on.)

I'm in Australia, however my wife and I are moving to Calgary next year

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the post Mark! I'm told I don't want to go to a larger laser if I want to engrave anything with it. I'm also told I can have 2 tubes in the machine if I want so I could install a 60 watt for engraving and a bigger one for cutting.

The 2:1 pulleys are pretty common but I have looked at machines without it and only 2 phase steppers. That doesn't seem as good to me. (remember I have never used a laser)

I will be hooking the laser up to my 3hp 80 gallon air compressor so I won't bother with the air pumps.

With that big, clear door I won't need lights. : ) But I am in the sign business so I think I can figure out something there...

I have been talking to a company that specializes in importing things like this to handle the entire shipping transaction. I don't have the time, knowledge or patience to do that for the amount of money they charge. The company is in Halifax so I can go and bang on his door if I need to.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like the idea of the small aircompressor they include as its oil-less - so no fouling of the optics with the micro particles of oil that get atomised during compression. It's also far quieter than my shop aircompressor!

You can drop the power on the laser tube to the point that it wont instantly vapourise tissue paper if you want, the more powerful laser can still engrave just fine

I've only used 2 lasers in calgary, one at Protospace (local hackerspace) and one at a friends workshop. Both had big windows, but its damn nice to have lights in there. LEDs all around, under the gantry - nice even light with no shadows as you try to get your work lined up.

The reduction on the steppers is great for accuracy indeed. The main advantage to 3 phase over bipolar/unipolar in my experience building CNC machines is they can be a lot quieter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Usually the machine with 80w or above,, should be with the 3*1 pulley and 3 phase stepper motor,63.5mm focus ,this is better for the cutting .also engraving is ok,

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPage View Post
    Thanks Mark. I have specified the Ruida RC6332 controller. I'm not sure I want the touch screen version so that's the next one down as far as I know. I also specified the RECI z2 laser. All the suppliers offer the W2 which is discontinued as far as I can tell. They all say "oh yes it's the Z2" when asked. Not sure what's going on there. Also 3 phase steppers. They say I can have Hiwin or PMI rails. I don't know one from another. It seems like the usual assortment of parts they all use. It uses 2:1 pulleys on the x and y axis which seems to me would double the resolution. The electrical components are beautifully laid out in this machine... one of the things I liked.

I'm in the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. Where are you?

Adrian
    Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?-bcl1309x-1-jpg

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it is most likely 3:1. I just mentioned it as having pulleys vs not. I didn't actually ask what the ratio was.

Adrian

Hi Adrian,
    to cut the 6mm balsa and 3mm wood, the z2(80w) tube is ok, the max power can up to the 97w, the speed can up to the 20mm/s. and the Z4 tube will be faster, the speed can up to the 25mm/s.
    the Z2 and W2 is the same laser tube power, just because the RECI company improve the laser tube performance, and change the name one year ago.

the RC6332 is the colorful touch screen.
    according our enperience, the PMI will be better

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

From what I can see the touch screen is model RDC6344 SHENZHENREADER TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
    The RDC6332 has a colour screen but it has buttons for the functions. The RDC6442 seems the same except it has less memory, but it may have other differences.

Adrian

if the laser machine is one head, the RD320A or RDC6332 is ok, most RDC6442 used for the double head and the automatic feeding

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Adrian,

I know it is kind of late, but did you purchase the laser machine from bodor? if so, have you encountered any problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Josh,

Yes I did buy it. It works great and the company has been great to deal with. I used Coles International to get the machine here. I would buy it again in a second from Bodor. Really good customer service even a year after the sale. Very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable rep.

Adrian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Adrian, who is your sales person ? Email.

My experience with BODOR: Not your best choice. BCL X-1309, power issues and slow to non existent support for repair or parts even when on warranty. I have had nothing but trouble with auto focus failure on week 2, to gantry issues and the table not being square after that, alignment of laser path and now power supply was going bad for a month with no help from Bodor on a replacement power supply and now my laser tube is also not working because of the power supply failure. Bodor replace tube and power supply, still has the same issue, and still NOT running right. This is a NEW machine. I have requested a refund since they are continuing to waste my time with more video's they want me to shoot of tests and get no reply to my refund request. The fact that I have clients waiting for orders and I am loosing money by the minute with this machine not working while making payments to the bank to pay for it. VERY UNHAPPY only had the machine for 4 months. NO response to emails for Bodor main email and Patrick Ma just (salesman, just ignores me now) I will continue to blog as I don't want anyone else to go through buying a machine from Bodor and losing money like I have. If Bodor makes it right, I will delete this, but as of right now..I will continue to warn others not to buy from Bodor. Works great when it was working, now..anchor... Warranty...yeah right !!

Warning to all: I have had for 4 months. Its only worked for 2 1/2 months, the rest is down time and no urgent assistance to solve the issue. Many emails to Patrick and Bodor, no response from Bodor. I will be starting a blog soon about my experience. Its NOT good !! Been 2 more days, still no help in fixing my machine, was told by bodor and Patrick Ma an engineer would come fix it. NOTHING. Again my salesman Patrick Ma is ignoring me on skype, yet skype tells me he was active 26 seconds ago. DON'T BUY BODOR LASER MACHINE ! There is NO rush from them to help to fix it ! Even when you've only had it for 4 months. Has worked good maybe only 1 month of that time.

Today I get a response: Bodor wants me to PAY for Airline tickets for Engineer to come fix this machine that is under warranty. [7:28:38 AM] Patrick Ma: i'm not at work today
    [7:29:09 AM] Patrick Ma: and i've called our engineer in Vegas
    [7:30:20 AM] Patrick Ma: His schdule is to leave at 19th
    [7:30:35 AM] Patrick Ma: the exhibition end at 18th
    [7:32:41 AM] Patrick Ma: our customer bought him the return ticket in 19th
    [7:34:19 AM] Patrick Ma: We can let him help you, so can you arrange the ticket for him from Vegas to your place then from your place to get back

DO NOT BUY BODOR LASERS. NO SERVICE !!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine still works great. I've had it about 3 years now. I had a few minor issues at the beginning because I didn't know how to operate a laser cutter but customer service was great. Very helpful. My sales person was very knowledgeable about the machine. She setup my software via Team Viewer for me. The thing is built like a tank and the accuracy is amazing.(to me anyway)

I think you'll find Bodor only builds the box and then installs electronics and motors, laser tubes, etc. from other makers. Perhaps you should contact Ruida or whoever made your electronics?

I'm guessing Bodor thinks you buggered up your machine and they aren't interested in fixing it for free.

Adrian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 Bodors, and both have been great! I have the 1309 and a bcl605. I would recommend Bodor to anyone!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish that were the case for me. Auto focus failure issue first to gantry being all messed up. Then loss of power while its running, so no power. Replaced Power supply and tube and its still doing it. Don't get me wrong the machine is built like a tank and I love it. Just can't seem to get it to work the way it's suppose to. That is all I hope for, is that Bodor with honor the warranty and fix it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could be lots of things. Sounds like the tube and power supply are not the problem... A fault with your chiller would cause the laser to stop firing. See if you can find out how to eliminate that as possible cause. Then go on to the next possible cause.... what about interlock switches?

Pretend it's a car engine. Trouble shoot it. You need spark etc.

The various components must have their warranties covered by their manufacturers.

Adrian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, what kind of machine do you have? I want to buy a Bodor 1000 to 4000 W machine but i'd like to see one working before, greetings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast