Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone here have a Bodor laser cutter?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPage View Post
    Could be lots of things. Sounds like the tube and power supply are not the problem... A fault with your chiller would cause the laser to stop firing. See if you can find out how to eliminate that as possible cause. Then go on to the next possible cause.... what about interlock switches?

Pretend it's a car engine. Trouble shoot it. You need spark etc.

The various components must have their warranties covered by their manufacturers.

Adrian

It was the power supply first, then the tube also went bad. Still having the random no fire issues a year later. I have figured out it is the power dial that has a short in it. Its all suppose to be under warranty but bodor just wants me to disconnect it. Which I think is BS. I paid for an operational machine and it has been nothing but a headache. Oh and one of the rods that moves the gantry snapped like a twig. had to wait 3 weeks for a part for that as well. This machine has been down more than it has ran. I was going to sell these for this company, but now. No way. I am going to buy my next machine from DLM Lasers, Made in the USA with as many USA parts as possible and he will train you and teach you how to use the machine if you are new to lasers. He delivers and sets up. https://www.facebook.com/DLMLasers/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc

Thank you for responding Adrian. Take care friend.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by luisfermendoza View Post
    Hi, what kind of machine do you have? I want to buy a Bodor 1000 to 4000 W machine but i'd like to see one working before, greetings
    I have 150W, 1300x900. I'd look elsewhere. Search my name and view the issues. Do more research is all I can say. You will be on your own after you get the machine if something goes wrong with it, even though there is a warranty. Takes forever and many hoops to jump through to get the parts. Test this test that, try this, watch this video, do that...yeah good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had no problems with either of my Bodor lasers. As for them wanting you to test this and that, all Chinese laser companies do that. I have heard of owners of epilog lasers going through the seme hoops, before they send a tech! Buying a 1000 - 4000 watt laser, I would fly to China to check out the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@adrianpage what is the name of your service rep? I'm not having the same experience with Bodor after purchasing a new laser, it came not tested and faulty, it took me a month just to get in touch with support. Can you help me?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

service@bodor.com they apparently now have a service department. Whats the issue with your machine ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a 1500 watt laser for 150k from Bodor and it has been horrid experience. Believe it or not the IPG laser arrived water damaged.... i did not know this and spent 2 months and hundreds of man hours trying to get the machine running... in the end bodor has still not covered the warranty and told me to take it up with IPG USA the maker of the laser. IPG says the laser has water damage and it is not their fault and i should take it up with bodor. price for repairing laser 15 thousand dollars and so far Bodor refuses to pay it. in the end a horrid experience and still not a working laser and it was delivered 3 months ago.

www.lunacycle.com
    The dream is free the hustle is sold separate.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Adrian,
    Where are you in Canada?Toronto?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the 150 watt RDC6442S model , so far so good

Downloads
    Uploads

I am Quiven from Gweike laser. i can help you , my email :chloe@wklaser.com wechat :1091701353 whatsApp :86-15698041856 ,you can also contact our USA office for more news,
    if you like, please contact me first.

QUiven

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers94 View Post
    I have had no problems with either of my Bodor lasers. As for them wanting you to test this and that, all Chinese laser companies do that. I have heard of owners of epilog lasers going through the seme hoops, before they send a tech! Buying a 1000 - 4000 watt laser, I would fly to China to check out the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Luis,
    Where are you located I can help you with this purchase. I am a salesman for Bodor laser in the US. What type of material are you cutting carbon steel? And, how thick?

Your post is old but maybe you are looking for a new machine by now?

Thanks !
    Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello @jeepers94 , that wouldn't be necessary. We have Lasers running production in most states in the US and the customers are willing to let potential clients go see.

Please let me know if you have any issues. I'm sales for Bodor.
    Thanks Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12