Profile Option Leaves Material on cornners

Thread: Profile Option Leaves Material on cornners

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Profile Option Leaves Material on cornners

I am using BobCad V3. When I select Mill, Profile and define the operation it leaves material on all cornners. Using a 1/2 inch endmill and coming in 1/2 inch it wants to do it in one side pass coming in the full 1/2 inch leaving cornners. How do I get to make several passes and clean off all the meaterial? I am using a Hurco KMB1-BX. (the depth of cut is 1/2 as well and I am able to set it to make 4, 1/8 inch cuts in the Z.) Also when I select top of part it puts it at 1/2 inch instead of Zero, Why?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Profile Option Leaves Material on cornners

I see the date is almost a month away---
    we don,t get much action on this forum-
    if you are still looking for a solution to the Profile
    I think i can help---let me know
    Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need info on how to profile in v28 , running a block of uhmw and can program the pocket but cant figure out how to do an outside profile

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ada81 View Post
    I need info on how to profile in v28 , running a block of uhmw and can program the pocket but cant figure out how to do an outside profile
    Zip up your BobCAD file and upload it here for assistance

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ada81 View Post
    It will not be easy finding an answer to a question for your BobCAD V28 software in the BobCAM for Solidworks forum. The Solidworks environment is completely different. I realize you are a new poster to this forum so please try searching the forum first, then if necessary create a new topic in the appropriate section.

As already requested, a sample BobCAD file always helps! The regulars in this forum (you will get to know them quickly if you come here for more than just help you need) are extremely helpful. Rob (The Engine Guy) is one of them and he's very good. You will do everyone including yourself a great favor by making sure you post in the appropriate area with a clear description of the nature of your problem in the New Topic title. That makes it easier for others to search for the same answer in the future. Hope this helps