Need Help! Modifying POST for Magnaturn Lathe

Thread: Modifying POST for Magnaturn Lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Modifying POST for Magnaturn Lathe

I've been working on modifying the Southbend Magnaturn post BOBCAD supplies because it's nowhere near correct. I've got it a lot better, but I'm stuck at the OD threading cycle. Magnaturn doesn't use any canned cycles, so everything is line by line, which I'm able to do so far, although I haven't gotten to drilling or tapping yet. Anyhow, I want it to rapid between G33 threading lines. I changed 1092. G32 line move. to: n,rapid_move,thread_g33_xmove,thread_g33_zmove, which works on the first part because it's already in G0, but after the G33 line it doesn't output another G0. I can add a G0 to each line, but I'd rather not have to if there's another way I'm not seeing.
    The real problem is in the G33 line itself though. I need to be able to have both X and Z moves on it, but it only outputs the Z move. AND the feed code for the G33 line is a K, not F. It pulls the character from line 1707. Symbol for IPM feedrate? "F" which many other lines use so I can't change it just for threading.
    I've attached a sample magnaturn gcode I found. I'm not sure why there aren't any closed brackets, so I'm ignoring that for now. Also, is the gcode my V.34 outputs after my edits, and one from before.

Thanks,

Mike

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Modifying POST for Magnaturn Lathe

Single line drilling seems to work correctly. I got regular tapping to output mostly correctly by copying it from another POST that had it. I have to make sure if I need the M5 on a separate line or not, but otherwise it looks good.
    I think the only thing not outputting correctly is replacing the F with a K in the G33 lines and getting the X position to output with the Z move on the G33 lines. I tried adding _forced or force_ to "thread_g33_xmove", but it didn't make a difference.
    If anyone can help with these last couple of issues, I'd be grateful!

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I posted my last post too quickly! I think I have everything working correctly now. I was able to use a prev_x to add the x position in the G33 line and use thread_lead and change that prefix to K to get the correct feed on it too. I added a tool list to the top of the program as well.
    I really don't understand how BobCAD could have called their post good and expected customers to pay for it. I'll test mine soon and confirm that it works right. Hopefully this will help others.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I'm working on running this code in my lathe finally. Adjust a couple of little things, but my machine wants X programmed in Radius, not Diameter. I have line 1249 set to R, but it still outputs to diameter. Is there something else I have to change?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, got some help and found out that 6005 needs to be changed from 2.0 to 1.0 when you change 1249 to r.
    Pretty sure the attached post is good now.