Problem adding "slow tool change"-prefix for tool call

Thread: adding "slow tool change"-prefix for tool call

Downloads
    Uploads

Default adding "slow tool change"-prefix for tool call

Ver 33. I have a Mori mill that I use a lot of heavy tools in, and Mori made a way to choose the tool arm speed, allowing a slower change so as not to damage the arm or throw the tool.

Example: tool 1 is heavy. I go into the control registry and change the tool # to "8001". Now in my code, I use "T8001" and an M6 and it will do a slow change. Adding the "80" prefix puts the tool in the "heavy" group for the mill.

My issue is this: I can name my tool "8001" in Bobcad, that works fine. Problem is that is posts "H8001" and that is no good, it needs to be "H01" like normal.

I would like to either add the "80" prefix to all my tool numbers, or find a way to strip the "80" prefix in the H data.

I cannot figure out how to do either. Any help is appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: adding "slow tool change"-prefix for tool call

figured this out (actually one of my programmers did): Checking the API, use T1 and set line 240 to add 8000 to "t", then 219, get rid of spaces, then hard code "T" in front of "t1" on all the tool change lines. This lets me use regular tool numbers (1-30) in Bobcad, and keeps the H data correct. The only thing we could not save was the tool precall. I could not find a prefix input for "t", which I think would be the only way around this. (my mill would need the "next tool" to show the "80", and I can't figure that one out, so I had to remove it).