BobCAD Mill Post Editor for V21/V22/V23

Thread: BobCAD Mill Post Editor for V21/V22/V23

Default BobCAD Mill Post Editor for V21/V22/V23

Looking for a copy of MillPostEdit.exe which I believe came with V21 or V22. Disk crashed and I lost critical files. I have a working Post but would like to be able to change it. BobCAD tells me the editor is no longer available from them so hoping a customer still has a copy. Any help much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BobCAD Mill Post Editor for V21/V22/V23

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot3of7 View Post
    Looking for a copy of MillPostEdit.exe which I believe came with V21 or V22. Disk crashed and I lost critical files. I have a working Post but would like to be able to change it. BobCAD tells me the editor is no longer available from them so hoping a customer still has a copy. Any help much appreciated.
    I have a V23 one

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by geckocycles View Post
    I have a V23 one
    Not sure if V23 MillPostEdit is different from V21/22 MillEditPost...the name is different for sure. Can you please post your V23 file. You have to ZipUp the an exe file 1st before unloading Attachment file
    Thanks,
    DJ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    Not sure if V23 MillPostEdit is different from V21/22 MillEditPost...the name is different for sure. Can you please post your V23 file. You have to ZipUp the an exe file 1st before unloading Attachment file
    Thanks,
    DJ
    I posted it here in the Downloads. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/downl...7aa092803485be

I have it on my server too if needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

V21 you just need notepad or any text editor. V22 to V32 I don't know. On V32 I am using notepad again.

Hi Randy,

V21, and prior, had posts that have a .cfg extension. Starting in V22, and on, the posts have a .millpst extension. I have tried to open the .cfg files with a text editor and I'm not getting anything readable, some text but lots of crap. I have tried to open with Notepad and Notepad++, same result. I know I used to edit these files and I think there was an editor but I have lost it. A hard drive crash just ruins your day!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot3of7 View Post
    Hi Randy,

V21, and prior, had posts that have a .cfg extension. Starting in V22, and on, the posts have a .millpst extension. I have tried to open the .cfg files with a text editor and I'm not getting anything readable, some text but lots of crap. I have tried to open with Notepad and Notepad++, same result. I know I used to edit these files and I think there was an editor but I have lost it. A hard drive crash just ruins your day!
    redfoot,

The .cfg files are not what you want. Look in the scripts folder and the files you want end in .bas Each operation like drilling, tapping has its own file, most are named after the G code they are associated with. (fanuc0MG84.bas) Any text editor works.