V28 post for a TRAK SMX 3 axis

Thread: V28 post for a TRAK SMX 3 axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default V28 post for a TRAK SMX 3 axis

Walked into a new shop and I am Looking for help setting up BobCAD V28 with a post to push a TRAK SMX 3 axis retrofited mill. I have read that a modified Fanuc 6 post will get you close??

Also it seems bobcad is only supporting 2 versions back so it seems I am screwed unless I update? Searched around here and didn't even see anybody with this control so I think its gonna be an uphill climb.

Any info or input on these two talking to each other would be appreciated.

Brian

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V28 post for a TRAK SMX 3 axis

UPDATE: I just spoke with a Joseph Lawson at Southwestern Industries and he said to use a bobcad DPM 3 axis OEM post. Off we go to find one..........

Downloads
    Uploads

These are posts I've been using for years with My DPM MX3 and QCM QMV controls. I've modified them to work better for how I program and how these older controls work. I hope they help.

TRAK_DPM_OEM_Rev1.MillPst is what I use for writing MX3 & MX2 CAM programs and has drilling & boring cycles, but not tapping as my machine can't tap.

TRAK_DPM_OEM_DNC.MillPst is what I use for drip feeding long 3D contour programs in DNC mode (I don't know if SMX has this) it's all G00, G01, and G17 only G02/3 arcs. drilling and boring is done with G01 moves. Line numbers, spaces and leading zeros are all turned off to reduce program size.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bishb25 View Post
    These are posts I've been using for years with My DPM MX3 and QCM QMV controls. I've modified them to work better for how I program and how these older controls work. I hope they help.

TRAK_DPM_OEM_Rev1.MillPst is what I use for writing MX3 & MX2 CAM programs and has drilling & boring cycles, but not tapping as my machine can't tap.

TRAK_DPM_OEM_DNC.MillPst is what I use for drip feeding long 3D contour programs in DNC mode (I don't know if SMX has this) it's all G00, G01, and G17 only G02/3 arcs. drilling and boring is done with G01 moves. Line numbers, spaces and leading zeros are all turned off to reduce program size.
    Thanks Bish! I really appreciate it.