Problem Removing subprogram/routine from post and tool change callout

Thread: Removing subprogram/routine from post and tool change callout

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Removing subprogram/routine from post and tool change callout

Hi there folks. I am having a little issue with the PP I am trying to create for a particular machine and was wondering if someone here could point me in the right direction. The thread title is probably confusing so I will start by giving you a quick rundown of what we have going on here.

A friend of mine purchased an old 3axis VMC for pennies on the dollar as a unit to break his other employees into the world of CNC without the worry of them damaging a new more expensive machine. The machine was apparently manufactured by New Britain Machine Tool Co, which has long since gone out of business, and seems to have it's own proprietary controller named "SC-M4000". It is a very basic VMC with a 10T ATC, uses txt files for file extension. Controller is MS-DOS based. The controller and machine parameters on it are completely locked out behind a password that I have been unable to crack/locate as there is zero information available for this controller, or the machine itself. I have thus far been able to modify a simple PP to allow single tool function of the machine and overall the machine works for what will be needed.

At the moment I am now trying to modify the PP for ATC use and this is where I am running into problems. I am currently just writing and testing this in my old V23 version of BC. My friend does have his own copy of V28. First major problem is that this controller does not accept or recognize subroutine M code callouts(M99/98) and prompts with "unknown M code" on the controller screen. So with that issue, the normal subroutine coding cannot be used. I went ahead and modified the post I have been working on and cut(what I thought) was all the subprogram/subroutine out of the post, yet I still run into an issue where posting the code still ends up with all the tool change callouts up at the top of the code(one after another) as if it were still writing for subroutines. The machine then ends up cycling through all the tool changes to the last called tool, and then starts running with the last tool for ALL the operations. What I need it to do is post tool changes right prior to a particular job.

AKA: right now it is posting this:

(tool change tool 1)
    (tool change tool 2)
    (Job/Operation 1)
    (Job/Operation 2)
    etc

And I need it to do this:

(tool change tool 1)
    (Job/Operation 1)
    (tool change tool 2)
    (Job/Operation 2)
    etc

And this is where I am currently stuck in trying to modify the post and could use a little assistance if it's available. I can manually write a very simple program where it performs a couple simple ops and appropriate too changes so the ATC works fine, but I cannot manage to get a post to do it in the CAM. I guess my main problem lies in that I am unsure as to where in the PP I am supposed to make these changes, let alone the actual promts to do so. I have tried cutting/pasting TC code from various posts(haas, fanuc, etc) to no avail or change.

I have attached a copy of the post I have tinkered with in txt format. anyone got a moment to sift through it and see if I am just missing something obvious? Mind you have have basically learned this post stuff over the course of a couple weeks here so please forgive my lack of education in the matter.

Thanks everyone!

-Adam