I have resigned!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have resigned!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have resigned!

To any concerned parties, I have terminated my "volunteer moderator" activity at www.bobcad.com

This was due to me moving on to OnecncXP for my total present CADCAM software needs. I guess you could say I outgrew Bobcad.

It was fun while it lasted

PS: I cannot log in over there, so if "real tech support" doesn't have time to answer your questions, you'll have to post here or email me for possible help, for so long as I remember how to make that program work.

Also, WMS can also help out, for as long as he remembers, too. I think he's got the same handle over there as he does here.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Luck, dung!

'Rekd teh We still lub j00, meng!

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

When I first started using BobCAD, I went to their support forum to look for answers.
    The one person who had most all the answers and knew the program inside out was HFD.
    I was SHOCKED to find out that he was not on their Technical Support Staff, rather a volunteer. I truly believe he knows more about BobCAD than Bob.
    .....anyway, thanks for all your help.
    Now I'll expect the same level of help with OneCNC-XP!

Thanks,
    -JamesBond

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by JamesBond

Now I'll expect the same level of help with OneCNC-XP!

Thanks,
    -JamesBond
    Which I might add, this is the only on-line source for that. I'm sure Onecnc will snatch him up to work for them though.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hu,
    Could you please explain what you wrote "PS: I cannot log in over there" means??
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I have resigned!

Originally posted by HuFlungDung
    To any concerned parties, I have terminated my "volunteer moderator" activity at www.bobcad.com

This was due to me moving on to OnecncXP for my total present CADCAM software needs. I guess you could say I outgrew Bobcad.

It was fun while it lasted

PS: I cannot log in over there, so if "real tech support" doesn't have time to answer your questions, you'll have to post here or email me for possible help, for so long as I remember how to make that program work.

Also, WMS can also help out, for as long as he remembers, too. I think he's got the same handle over there as he does here.

Thanks Hu for the vote of confidence.
    I must state that I never used Ver 18 much because of all the problems. Ver 17 was a great program and I used it for 2d stuff.

Then as you I got Onecnc and I have used it exclusively.

I will still check in at the forum and try to help.

I can in no way, no how, even come close to filling your shoes.
    I wish those who still use the program luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by SRT
    Hu,
    Could you please explain what you wrote "PS: I cannot log in over there" means??
    Thanks
    My user account has been cancelled as of today.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hu,
    Let me join in the chorus, "thank you" for putting your outstanding efforts into the Bobcad forum in the past. I saw you becoming frustrated in your writings, as Bobcad wasn't appearing to continue the required hard work in there patches etc., that we all hoped for. From my own past experiences I have found out for myself, as well as seen in others, that the ones who "work the hardest" are usually the ones who are let down the most, when hoped for improvements don't occur, that would benefit us all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Aw shucks, I'm getting embarrassed

Myself being really just a hobbyist at the start, I empathize with all the startup guys who generally try to start on a shoestring, with the least expensive software.

So, I took it on myself to help guys when they got stuck, if I knew how, because I've experienced "What goes around, comes around", and although you may never pay back the exact same person who helped you, it will all work if you help a few others instead. If they do the same, well then pretty soon, everyone is working for the common good.

To CncDude: I'll be watching you give the support, henceforth. Hint: guys like their questions answered daily.

Last edited by HuFlungDung; 06-18-2003 at 09:41 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Well Murray,

I wondered if your post suggesting that maybe the guys should us ONE other CNC software would get you booted off as it did me when I was getting upset with the quality of the product, but I never saw it happen. The Bobcad board will sorely miss you and your helpful suggestions and your uncanny humor and honesty. To bad you closed your account because you could have helped so many others to convert as we have.

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

What goes around comes around.

Hu wrote and I quote:
    "So, I took it on myself to help guys when they got stuck, if I knew how, because I've experienced "What goes around, comes around", and although you may never pay back the exact same person who helped you, it will all work if you help a few others instead. If they do the same, well then pretty soon, everyone is working for the common good. "

This is exactly what this world needs more of and I have never been on any support site of any type that this is practiced more then cnczone.com.
    Thanks Hu

Ken

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been reading these post's in regards to Bobcad. Sounds as though I should look elsewhere for my program? As you mentioned before, I am on shoestring budget, so where can I get a decent program, or is V-17 the one to learn on?
    Thanks
    Smitty

Downloads
    Uploads

Default well put....

well put ken.
    Hu I can feel the love all the way in calif.
    Too cool

PEACE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ver 17

Smitty,
    Ver 17 is a very good basic 2d / limited 3d program.
    It's very easy to learn.
    If most of what you are doing is 2 1/2 d pockets and basic stuff, it a good choice.
    It has some 3d skin funtions. Some surface funtions.
    I used it for years. Some things take a little more work to get done in ver 17. But if you are just starting out, it very user freindly.
    It doesn't have a lot of the whistles and bells like the latest stuff.
    But when your starting out that's ok to.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well,
    I have no clue on how to use a CAD program, but do know a few that do. I might just bite the bullet and call them and see what kind of deal I can get for V-17 with the videos and training cd's.
    Never hurts to ask!
    Thanks for the info,
    Smitty

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up What WMS said

Smitty, I don't have any vendetta against Bobcad, you can learn a lot of the essentials with it. I, too, used it for a long time.

Neither company, Bobcad nor Onecnc get along too well with one another (understandably), but IMO, Bobcad is the beginner's first step. There is maybe some danger of not understanding (and appreciating) what Onecnc is doing for you until you've really slugged it out on some tough parts with Bobcad.

Both softwares had kind of a common root years ago, so the transition from one to the next is easy to do, because there is a certain kind of progression through the logic that just seems natural. Its just that whilst one Bob got tired, the other Bob kept on going

Last edited by HuFlungDung; 06-19-2003 at 01:46 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Don't get scared now....

Haunted by ghosts of cats with short tails

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have resigned!-bob-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HFD,
    We'll miss your wit and great tec. support at the BobCad forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

HFD,

I hadn't checked the BobCAD site for a while and was surprised to see you were no longer there...glad to know where you are should I need your help again...which I undoubtable will.

Jen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast