Need Help! Scribing degree graduations on a bevel

Thread: Scribing degree graduations on a bevel

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Scribing degree graduations on a bevel

I'm trying to mark graduations on the bevelled edge of a disc? I'm making a degree vernier, how do I go about getting the lines on the bevel at the correct angle, the disc has a 60° bevel about .4 wide. The numbers would be good too but not essential.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Scribing degree graduations on a bevel

Ok, I figured out that I can project curves, the numbers have to be vectorized, but how do I then get rid of the original lines without deleting the lines on the part?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scribing degree graduations on a bevel-degree-wheel-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Just takes time.Oddly the lines were projected to both sides of the disc so I manually editing out the original lines and text as well as the undesired parts and then used 3D engrave to generate the gcode. Is there a way tohave the engraving projected to only the first surface?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    Just takes time.Oddly the lines were projected to both sides of the disc so I manually editing out the original lines and text as well as the undesired parts and then used 3D engrave to generate the gcode. Is there a way tohave the engraving projected to only the first surface?
    Yes, you can do that by going to "Utilities" then select "Stitching" and the select "Unstitch Solids to Surfaces" or "Unstitch Surface from Solid", once you have done that you can create a new Layer for the Bevel Face, that way you can toggle it on/off as required.
    You can then create a new Layer for the original numbering so they can be toggled on/off as required, or, you can just go to front view, box select all the original numbering in one go and delete them if you don`t need them again, plenty options
    Image of the Simulation of my little example below. Be nice with a 4th axis. FYI Done in V28

Scribing degree graduations on a bevel-engrave-bevel-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scribing degree graduations on a bevel-engrave-bevel-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, that's much more simple than deleting the offending parts!