Need Help! Can’t compute toolpath via Slice Planar, get multiple errors

Thread: Can’t compute toolpath via Slice Planar, get multiple errors

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Can’t compute toolpath via Slice Planar, get multiple errors

V23 build 1493

I’m trying to Mill 3 axis Slice Planar on round stock via A axis (substituting the Y) and am receiving the following error codes:

- Surfer Error 64: Invalid Input Data Buffer
    - Security Error 4
    - Access Denied
    - Zcut Module Error 8: Data Transfer Error

Ultimately I’m trying to do chess pieces, but have simplified a pattern to just a v-groove surface wrapped on cylindrical stock in efforts to troubleshoot this, yet I still get the errors. Sometimes when I go to compute the paths and after receiving the errors, the Milling Stock will have changed to Rectangular Stock and be grayed out, not allowing Cylindrical Stock to be chosen.

This is the first time I’ve tried to use this portion of the software in the 11 +/- years I’ve owned it, so I might be doing it wrong, but I’ve successfully posted a simple pocket on a cylinder, so I think I’ve got the basic gist of it. Of course v23 isn’t supported anymore, so BC just wants to sell me the new version, and while I am tempted, I want to exhaust other efforts in making this version work first.

I came across an old thread with one the same error messages as mine, where someone was trying to post Mill 3 Axis operations, and it appears the fix was updating from build 1493 to build 1812, so my initial thought would be to see if anyone knows where I can find the 1812 v23 update file?
    Other than that, I’m open to any other remedies others could recommend or possible errors I may be making.

Thanks in advance!
    Frank

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can’t compute toolpath via Slice Planar, get multiple errors

Hi,
    I just looked & you can still get the V23 build 1812 update from bobcad's support site.
    Just go to software updates and scroll to the bottom until you find a button that says "click here to view our software archives." It will be at the bottom of the page under "Unsupported Software."
    You might need a support subscription to get it though. If I remember back to the good old days of V23 the update fixed a lot of problems. It was like getting a new version.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can’t compute toolpath via Slice Planar, get multiple errors

Quote Originally Posted by bishb25 View Post
    Hi,
    I just looked & you can still get the V23 build 1812 update from bobcad's support site.
    Just go to software updates and scroll to the bottom until you find a button that says "click here to view our software archives." It will be at the bottom of the page under "Unsupported Software."
    You might need a support subscription to get it though. If I remember back to the good old days of V23 the update fixed a lot of problems. It was like getting a new version.
    I was just going to post back after finding the archive. All the links and resolution to this issue we’re old and never linked to the current archive so I thought it was dead, and the salesman lead me to believe there was no hope due to the unsupported nature, but a net search for “v23 1812” yielded what I was looking for....and it worked for my issue too! Was able to compute and post! I’ll run some parts tomorrow and report back if I have any issues, but so far, so good!

Thanks for effort and info Bishb25!