Just In Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum

Well, finally got "approved" after 3 days of waiting, not much of a start but benefit of the doubt, teething issues

Having said that so far as I can tell the idea of segregating geographical areas is a bit much !! Seems to be a position of "We don`t really want any of these non Americans mixed in with us" we might catch something, it is insulting, what is the point of it? All Forums work best when everyone is at the same table !! Are they later going to be all in different Languages ?????
    Here on the Zone there is just one long stream of threads that everyone contributes to and it works great, many, many different "slants" on Threads from around the World, exactly as it should be.
    On this new BobCAD Forum users will have to go actively checking all the other Geographical Sections for anything new that may (or may not) be useful, not the best way forward IMHO, not many on there as yet but it`s early days and I will reserve judgment, if BobCAD continue to treat folks on the new Forum the same as they did on the old one then I doubt it will be used much and may unfortunately end up a "ghost" area like the old one !!
    As for the only question asked and answered regarding Legacy Post Processors I am afraid that I do not agree with the BobCAD attitude of having to contact them to ask for PPs there are lots of reasons why anyone might need a new PP, for example old machines finally wore out and new different machines purchased, computer failure etc, etc, what they are NOT saying is whether or not the PP requested has to be paid for ?? Yes, I do understand that if a modified PP is requested then yes, work needs to be paid for, that`s business, but if someone has already paid for a PP either as a modified one or with the purchase of their software then that should simply be available on the Support area with Versions going back to say V23 when everything changed rather than trying to force a user to upgrade to the latest version, not the way to keep loyal customers, it is little wonder that numerous BobCAD users have or are currently "jumping ship"

Hope it doesn`t but we do always have the Zone here to keep us all in touch with each other

Stay Safe
    Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

I mentioned it earlier,censorship,,,it is sstarting

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I mentioned it earlier,censorship,,,it is sstarting
    Hmmm, maybe, just have to wait and see, only time will tell

Stay Safe
    Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

I just created an account. Started out new. Not sure if I had an old one or if I remember it. Sign on went quick. Now waiting for approval.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just joined the new forum, I hope it becomes a useful resource.

In some ways forums are old hat but I do see a need for exchange areas that have more substance than Facebook.

B.

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    To be brutaly honest BobCAD would be much better off using what spare resources there are available to make the software usable on a reasonably modern computer instead of constantly increasing the "bloating" of the software to the point where it is now costing more for the hardware needed to run the software that the software itself !! Thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    We all may as well use that money to go buy a software that will run happily on the hardware that we have and there are plenty out there that do.
    I stopped buying BobCAD at V28, V29 was full of bugs, V30 was a little better, V31 reverted to V29 rubbish, V32 and V33 are working OK but drag my PC down to a crawl !!

OS Win10 Pro 64 bit
    i7 Processor
    32 Gb Ram
    nVidea Quadro 1Gb on board Memory

I have downloaded trials of a number of different CadCAM softwares and they all run fine with the exception of MasterCAM which runs just like BobCAD, slooowww!!
    So, nothing wrong with the hardware here for most other softwares (A fair few of which are cheaper as well) so as long as I can tap into the computers at Pixar I should be OK with BobCAD.

Please, please try and get the people in charge of the $$$ to pay for a decent software

Stay Safe
    Regards
    Rob
    Hello Rob!!

Just a quick though on the sloooowness of Mastercam and BobCAD. If I run Mastercam standalone, it's a sluggish turd. If I launch Solidworks and run MC inside it's like butter.

It seems my problem is an old one, the damn switchable graphics. It seems entirely unnecessary but I'm having a helluva time getting BobCAD (and Mastercam standalone) to honor my settings forcing it to use the discrete graphics.

Check to make sure BCC is using your Quadro by turning on the display notification in the nVidia Control Panel. Hopefully this will help!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum-bcc-nvidia-jpg   Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum-bcc-nvidia-2-jpg  
    Last edited by SBC Cycle; 02-19-2021 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Added screenshots
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mastercam X9/2021 Multiaxis - Bobcad V21-V31 3ax Pro 4ax Std.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12