Newbie when did bobcad get so expensive

Thread: when did bobcad get so expensive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default when did bobcad get so expensive

I purchased 3 seats of version 26 mill3x pro for like $1000

Called and asked about the new version with 4 axis and was told it was $6400 for one seat. Is that crazy or perfectly normal?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: when did bobcad get so expensive

Not Crazy. The new system is an entirely different animal... It's not an "Update"....

That's still a good price when considering the alternatives.

If you dont need the more powerful features, you can stick with V26...

Downloads
    Uploads

looking at their site the only purchase options that I see is subscription based . It's unfortunate if thats the direction they are going because competition-wise autodesk will kill them in my opinion .

Downloads
    Uploads

I have had experience with other CAD / CAM used by our customers and the price of BobCAD with the same functionality is on average cheaper than other systems that use the same CAM library engine.
    In addition, for BobCAD there are many videos on the net that explain well how to use the various functions, which for other CAD / CAMs are not found with such ease and abundance.
    It must be borne in mind that we are talking about a truly professional product and from 2 to 5 axes so far it has never disappointed me, also in assistance.

Telegram: @Shineworld

Downloads
    Uploads

There are 3 ownership paths users can choose from :

1) BobCAD License
    This ownership path is similar to how BobCAD has been sold in the past. You purchase your version, with the option for support, it's a perpetual license ( doesn't expire ) and when a new version comes out you have the option to upgrade your license.

2) BobCAD Advantage Plus+
    This ownership path is more like a maintenance program . When you purchase your software with advantage plan plus, you lock in lower prices, You get updates, upgrades, and training included with your order at a lower price. Best value, price and most offerings.

3) BobCAD Subscription License
    This ownership path is a timed license, pay to play but at a must lower price and only covers BobCADs more basic programs. ( Express, Standard and 2 axis Lathe )

We feel these 3 ownership paths gives users more options, giving users more control over how the purchase BobCAD products based on usage and future needs.

If you have any questions about how to purchase BobCAD, what's included and the cost associated with the different ownership paths, just give us a call. 877-262-2231 X9123

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for clearing that up Al , I like my bobcad but a subscription wouldn't fly . Someone may want to make that a bit more clear on the website store , because I can guarantee that a lot of guys including myself will immediately leave a website that only shows subscription .

Downloads
    Uploads

Metalmayhem,

Thank you for your feedback, and trust me we agree. We feel these 3 ownership paths cover what the vast majority of users will want. Cast your vote with your dollars and purchase the plan that makes most sense for you. If there is anything I can help with along the way, I am just an email or post away!

Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147