Need Help! What files do I neeed to copy to keep V32 the same on 2 computers?

Thread: What files do I neeed to copy to keep V32 the same on 2 computers?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What files do I neeed to copy to keep V32 the same on 2 computers?

I want to keep both of my seats synchronized as far as all the settings. I can copy the post processor easy enough, but what other files do I need?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What files do I neeed to copy to keep V32 the same on 2 computers?

You can go to file- user profile...

There they have buttons to save and load "layouts", which is the GUI...

For other things like "Tools", you will need to use the specific dialogues to save and export and import the various libraries that you may customize...

There are a few things you will consider. Tools. Adapters. Holders. Threads. Materials. DMS setups. Cutting conditions. The machine setup can be copied from the folder "C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V32\MachSim"

Did I miss anything?

You might just copy the "C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V32" folder to the new machine, which "SHOULD" hold the various files that have all that stuff. The "SHOULD" is key there. They used to keep stuff in the registry too....

May want to ask them. They may have a definitive, easier way.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What files do I neeed to copy to keep V32 the same on 2 computers?

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    You can go to file- user profile...

There they have buttons to save and load "layouts", which is the GUI...

For other things like "Tools", you will need to use the specific dialogues to save and export and import the various libraries that you may customize...

There are a few things you will consider. Tools. Adapters. Holders. Threads. Materials. DMS setups. Cutting conditions. The machine setup can be copied from the folder "C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V32\MachSim"

Did I miss anything?

You might just copy the "C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V32" folder to the new machine, which "SHOULD" hold the various files that have all that stuff. The "SHOULD" is key there. They used to keep stuff in the registry too....

May want to ask them. They may have a definitive, easier way.

Thank You, I do not have a support plan right now so I do not know if they will answer me.

Randy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BNR_RANDY View Post
    Thank You, I do not have a support plan right now so I do not know if they will answer me.

Randy
    The data folder copy should cover it, along with the user profile save and load