I have a Dorian Smart Dex on my Milltronics ML14 and I found a sheared woodruff key in the worm gear. First let me say Dorian has got to have the WORST customer Service I have ever seen #1 and #2 they are TERRIBLE at backing their product. I called and no one knows anything about the Smart Dex 20 and this unit is from 1997 so I kind of understand but I have also had terrible communication and faulty product problem from 1999 also. The only person who knows about this unit is retired but still goes in to Dorian Tool 1 to 2 times a week and after at least 30 emails and phone calls which he says he will email me some info I have yet to see anything.
I am wondering if anyone in the group has any experience on the Smart Dex 20. After replacing the woodruff key I put it all back together and it indexed a couple times but stopped. Eve trying to move the indexing head by using the jog button I have to put a bar in it to help it along. What I am wondering is if there could be a problem in the indexing motor and what or how do I trouble shoot that part. I am at wits end with this and really compromised on doing work with only one tool. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!
Glen