Problem trouble with retraction heights - adaptive roughing - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trouble with retraction heights - adaptive roughing

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: trouble with retraction heights - adaptive roughing

Quote Originally Posted by L98FIERO View Post
    That may have been the issue but from memory, it was a longer, about 1" travel, and I don't think there's that much lag in a Fanuc 0M. On the plus side, I only recall it having happened once and not in steel.
    Yes, that is an odd one, although I assume that you usually run slower feeds in steel so it is still up in the air, lets hope it doesn`t happen again!
    only way to check it out fully would be to "step through" your code and check that move to see exactly what is in the code, if the code is the correct arc/line etc then it is at the machine, if it is bad code then it needs adressingt

Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: trouble with retraction heights - adaptive roughing

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    This is a very old issue with some machine controls, I don`t think this is anything to do with BobCAD, I used to have a Bridgeport with a Fanuc 0M control and if I tried to go fast when using softer/easier materials I often got small corners just lopped off, simple solution was turn the feedrate down and all was well again, usually only happened on small say 0.5mm rads with feeds over about 4 metres/min so even with modern controls at very high feed rates it is probably still an issue so try slowing your feeds and see if it helps any

Regards
    Rob
    thats interesting, ive had BobCAD clip corners and crash right in the animation at my PC, before ive even ouput the code to the controller...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12