Need Help! V32 not opening from Desktop icon

Thread: V32 not opening from Desktop icon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default V32 not opening from Desktop icon

so V31 was working fine but have 32 and decided to install. I un-installed 31 installed 32.
    32 will not start 8 out of 10 times when double clicking the desktop icon. When it does, very slow. when you close, you get the "V32 Application has stopped working" message box.

I reinstalled with a file tech support sent me, did screen share with them, Graphic card check, still the same problem.

I remember this was a problem I had a few years back and the Tech. had me reinstall a file or reg key?

Any help would be nice, thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V32 not opening from Desktop icon

First thing, you do not need to uninstall the V31, each version of BobCAD is a stand alone program and they do not interact, always best to keep all your versions "alive" as that way you always have something to work with if you have issues with the latest version which a number of folks seem to be having with V32. Try re-installing your V31 and see if that loads OK, if it does then it is the V32 software, if it is slow like V32 then yes, it looks like your computer has an issue.

If you are on Windows have your tried doing a "Restore" back to a day that you know everything worked OK, especially if you have recently had a Windows update, those can affect some softwares.
    Have you tried doing a Left click on the Icon and then a Right click and then selecting "Run as Administrator", that works faster on my old PC with V31 Demo I still have

To be honest I have stopped at V28 as I found V29/V30/V31/V32 all of them to be "buggy", unstable and slow, as time passes and each new version is "bigger and better" then they require more and more resources and the cost of upgrading hardware gets too high to use the software then it is usually time to either stay where you are with a version that works for you or move on to a different software, there are plenty of them out there

Regards
    Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V32 not opening from Desktop icon

Thank you sir.
    I decided to go ahead and upgrade to Windows 10.. All works now. Agree my system had some bad files..