Need Help! V30 Lathe

Thread: V30 Lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default V30 Lathe

After creating toolpath for a feature and going back to edit some input and then reposting the software will change tool numbers. My 1999 Miltronics lathe will only recognize tool numbers 1 thru 24. I setup the Tool Library with tools 1 thru 22 as tools most commonly
    used in the correct category and numbered all the other tools that I have as 23 or 24. I deleted ALL the tools and numbers that came with the software. Any ideas on how to avoid and or correct this.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V30 Lathe

Do you have a proper "Crib" setup for each program with the tools for that program in it and do you also have the Automatic Tool numbering unchecked, if so then your tool numbers should not change in the "Crib". See images below.

Regards
    Rob
    V30 Lathe-lathe-v30-tool-crib-jpg V30 Lathe-lathe-v30-tool-crib-1-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails V30 Lathe-lathe-v30-tool-crib-jpg   V30 Lathe-lathe-v30-tool-crib-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V30 Lathe

Rob,Thanks for your comment. I did have the automatic tool numbering turned off. I talked to tech today and they confirm that this is a problem with V30 that they are aware of. But no fix. I found out I can program in V26 or V27 and open and backplot in V30,just don't save file. Backplotting is the main reason I bought V30 so it is a fairly easy workaround.
    Terry