Newbie Can’t get the right surface - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can’t get the right surface

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can’t get the right surface

Would this be acceptable? Its not the same shape but it looks good to me

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can’t get the right surface-used-skin-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    Would this be acceptable? Its not the same shape but it looks good to me
    Yes that worked much better thank you. Was able to connect two lines so I was able to make 4 chains.
    Took me a bit to get the rest. I made a solid but when I removed the middle it deleted my walls on the inside as well. So I used planar for the top and bottom and I was able to keep the internal walls. Now just to figure out how to give the tune wall to top of the flat flange a radius and I can get started.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can’t get the right surface

Quote Originally Posted by boosted67 View Post
    Yes that worked much better thank you. Was able to connect two lines so I was able to make 4 chains.
    Took me a bit to get the rest. I made a solid but when I removed the middle it deleted my walls on the inside as well. So I used planar for the top and bottom and I was able to keep the internal walls. Now just to figure out how to give the tune wall to top of the flat flange a radius and I can get started.

Using the Cross Section as Burrman suggests works very good as well and is easier you may want to try it as well. What ever works is good

Some Cross Section Pics

RAF

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can’t get the right surface-cross-1-jpg   Can’t get the right surface-cross-2-jpg   Can’t get the right surface-cross-3-jpg   Can’t get the right surface-cross-4-jpg  

Can’t get the right surface-cross-5-jpg   Can’t get the right surface-cross-6-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    Using the Cross Section as Burrman suggests works very good as well and is easier you may want to try it as well. What ever works is good

Some Cross Section Pics

RAF
    Exactly whatever works. First time I was able to get this function to work but worked much better.

Something odd happens with the tool path I’ve never seen. I send the mill down the center of the oval and it stops about half way. I figured once it got to the part of the drawing that was negative it was stopping on its own and I needed to write for the other side. But when I rough in the Z it seems to be running do to my surface, but then it cuts another .250 on another pass for some reason. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Makes no sense.

Last edited by boosted67; 07-29-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12