Need a working bobcad post for mach3

Thread: Need a working bobcad post for mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need a working bobcad post for mach3

I am looking for someone to share their mach3 bobcad post with me. I have v31 but am looking for one that may work for my machine. I have downloaded the mach posts from the website and they all have a jerking motion. Does anyone run mach3 with bobcad? I have owned this product for 6 weeks now and cannot use it all and yes I have bobcad working on it but they haven't fixed my issue yet.

Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need a working bobcad post for mach3

Possible work around.......Try a different Post Processor like Fanuc or Fadal then edit as needed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh I have to no avail. They all do the same thing. Its something in the way that bobcad makes its post. I have run fusion 360 and vcarve both with the same file and I do not have this issue. Just sucks to finally dish out some money for a product so I can get away from fusion and I havent been able to do anything with it. Just a month and half of test after test and emails and phone call to bobcad. No production going on at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Brad777 View Post
    Oh I have to no avail. They all do the same thing. Its something in the way that bobcad makes its post. I have run fusion 360 and vcarve both with the same file and I do not have this issue. Just sucks to finally dish out some money for a product so I can get away from fusion and I havent been able to do anything with it. Just a month and half of test after test and emails and phone call to bobcad. No production going on at this point.
    It's likely a setting rather than a post processor but my knowledge only goes to V25, as you're a recent purchaser why not log a support ticket and/or call BobCAD technical support?
    You could also try BobCAD groups on FaceBook and the After Dark YouTube channel, Al DePaulo halped me with a V25 query last week on FB.

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have an open ticket. Its just been open for weeks now and still no help.

Downloads
    Uploads

What machining Tolerances do you have BC set at? My V23 BobCad default is Machining .0005" and Spline Facet of .0010" maybe try changing one or both. >BobCad/CamTree/ right click Milling Tools/Current Settings/Machine Parameters

DJ

Downloads
    Uploads

I have an open ticket. Its just been open for weeks now and still no help.
    And you've called them?
    And given them a nudge on their FaceBook page?
    All worth a punt! ;-)

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for someone to share their mach3 bobcad post with me. I have v31 but am looking for one that may work for my machine. I have downloaded the mach posts from the website and they all have a jerking motion. Does anyone run mach3 with bobcad? I have owned this product for 6 weeks now and cannot use it all and yes I have bobcad working on it but they haven't fixed my issue yet.

Thank you
    Brad

Copy and paste maybe 20 lines of the suspect code into a message and place in a reply.

I had V28 and V29 work with Mach 3 no problem, there is nothing inherantly wrong with Bobcad or the posts to cause this problem, the CAM engine that thet use is very robust.

Regards

Barrie

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry i have seen your code in another message, does not look anything wrong with it.

Regards

Barrie

Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V30 Mill 3 axis Pro, Bricscad V14 and MOI V3 with CNC-Step High Z 1000S and Wabeco CC-F1210

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I did figure this one out finally. The path I was using was trying to maintain linear movement on the y axis. Because the bit was the same size as the area it looked like it was following the contour. When I changed to a smaller bit I could see the movement in the simulation.

thanks for your help