Need Help! Multi Axes

Thread: Multi Axes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multi Axes

So I am inquiring responses from those that bought the Multi Axes Tool Path add on
    I keep getting jobs that if I even did have a 5 axis trunnion,The length of part would be a no go.And I don't have a trunnion.
    The image is just a representation of similiar situations I am trying to solve,Length of part and quantity of parts make fixturing impractical

So,in my mind the logical solution is the multi axis add on,,,I am using V28
    Thinking Lollypop cutter
    You can see from the image,I need to have a 3D toolpath that will undercut
    Looking to replies of people who have purchased this add on and actually used it in real life part making
    TY

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multi Axes-jjjj-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multi Axes

Also,actual tool shape,,I have a cutter grinder and make my own to work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multi Axes

I've demoed the BobCAD multi-axis and if you encounter (or expect to encounter) a lot of this you're going to find the additional toolpaths invaluable. I have them in my "other" software and I use them in 3 axis output more than I use them for full 5 axis output. It's ModuleWorks as you probably already know and a lot of different software products use it and BobCAD puts their own flavor on it but at the core it's the same great ModuleWorks toolpath.

You're going to use some of these toolpaths on parts that don't have undercuts because they are easier to use or offer a better surface finish. One of these days I'll get them added to my BobCAD toolbox but I'm just using what I have. I got the "other" software as part of a package deal with my 5 axis Haas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mastercam X9/2021 Multiaxis - Bobcad V21-V31 3ax Pro 4ax Std.