Need Help! Computer performance?

Thread: Computer performance?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Computer performance?

Currently I use Bobcad V27 and run it on a notebook computer with 2.8Ghz processor and 8 GB of RAM. The computer is about 5 years old and is used both in the shop and personal. It has taken a beating but still works good. I do have issues when trying to do 3D work with BobCad. The processor seizes up and often just flat out crashes and I lose all my unsaved work. I'm considering upgrading to a new computer with all the current sales underway in hopes of fixing these crash issues. For BobCad specifically, what performance criteria should I look for. I'm not a computer guy, so please keep the comments in simplistic terms. Appreciate any advice you can share.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by becikeja View Post
    The processor seizes up and often just flat out crashes and I lose all my unsaved work.
    Try turning the performance requirements in BobCad down.

The surface and curve meshing angle sliders in display, current and default settings.

Under view, you can also turn off anti aliasing and a couple others. If you want to go v21 hard core, you can turn off polygon shading and work in wireframe mode!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Computer performance?

becikeja
    Just get pentium 4 desktop and it will run fine. Laptops and notebooks are a no go.
    The v31 simulation does use alot of power and locks up if you have several other programs working.
    Splurge 30.00 for a g-force card and it will work even better.
    Cheers
    jc