Problem Bodcad v26 contour ramping doesn't obey arc slowdown

Thread: Bodcad v26 contour ramping doesn't obey arc slowdown

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Bodcad v26 contour ramping doesn't obey arc slowdown

Bodcad v26 contour ramping doesn't obey arc slowdown until it gets down to the very last part of the cut that does not ramp anymore and then the arc slowdowns work....
    How can i get contour ramping to work with arc slowdown???

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bodcad v26 contour ramping doesn't obey arc slowdown

There was a bug in V25 where the plunge rate actually limited the linear speed in all but the last pass, I wouldn't be surprised if 26 still had the problem, have you tried setting the plunge rate to the same as linear (obviously then use a ramped lead in)?

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

yes i'm using a ramp in lead as well and have already done as you suggested...my cutting feed rate and plunge feed rate are the same....but the problem is, that it seems to ignore arc slowdown on the contour ramping paths until it gets to very last part of of that path, which is actually like a flat profile and no longer ramps....

I've had to just reduce the plunge feedrate in the meantime...seems like a bug to me, bobcad seems to be treating that entire contour ramp as a plunge and doesn't have the arc slowdown as part of the code with plunging....

Downloads
    Uploads

Is that with the Rough or the finish Finish?

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Downloads
    Uploads

thats on the rough pass...i have a finish pass after that, does full depth of cut around the profile

Downloads
    Uploads

Lack of any substantial documentation precludes looking up whether arc slowdown should be active on a roughing pass, I've never had an issue, what problem is it causing?

Downloads
    Uploads

its works on rough pass if you're just doing step down increments...but i chose to do a contour ramp instead, since i didn't want the unnecessary retracks everytime it steps down...just keep the tool engaged for the entire cut...but contour ramping seems to ignore arc slowdowns...i slow down on my corners as i find i got a better cut and less chance of chipping out the wood...