Need Help! V31 Post Processor question - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V31 Post Processor question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: V31 Post Processor question

Hey Calum,
    Took a quick look at your file. It seems to be stuck with that "Ball" feature, which is set to "Post Yes\No" on NO.

If you include that feature in the posting, then it works and outputs correctly here.

I don't have your particular defined machine, so I didn't get into posting with your post processor or anything, as my setup exhibited the same behavior.

So before I dig too deep on something that doesn't matter, can you confirm that if you set the ball feature to post out with the others, that it then posts the 0 through 300 indexes ok?

If that works fine on your end, I think this could be reported as a bug and you'll just have to work around it for now by either including it, or saving a separate copy of this file and deleting that feature, for now.

Let me know if this didn't fix the issue for you as it did mine, and I can dig a little deeper into what's happening here.

Burr

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Burr,

Well an't that something, yes it works when I post the ball feature. I stopped that when I was running tests on the router as I didn't want to wait that long.

When I deleted the ball feature from a copy for the job the original fault is there still! Now I need to look into how the 2x4 axis feature are configured this should give me a clue as to what is wrong.

Thanks for your help, is always good to get a second opinion.

Calum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Burr,

OK it was the tool change, if I swap the ball mill in the ball feature to the same tool as used in the rough feature I get the original problem, the indexing doesn't work. Guess I need to have a tool change to make it work correctly, could be a but in BC see what you think.

Cheers
    Calum

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Hi Burr,

OK it was the tool change, if I swap the ball mill in the ball feature to the same tool as used in the rough feature I get the original problem, the indexing doesn't work. Guess I need to have a tool change to make it work correctly, could be a but in BC see what you think.

Cheers
    Calum
    That definitely seems like a fault.

I am going to be sure i can re-create it from my side on a new file. (Want to be sure it's not something thats corrupt in just a single file)

It seems we want to get the rotary's "signed continuous" output to stop. It is running into those next features without a tool change. Having that toolchange seems to stop it.... i also would expect that a new, non rotary feature would reset that, so you arent alone.

If we get any input from BC here would be nice. Otherwise i can get it tested out and reported.

Let me know if you need any help getting around it in the meantime...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok let us know how you get on and thanks again.

I can make this work by having a tool change from a tool from the rough tool list to the same tool in the finish tool list so I’m all good here.

Calum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12